This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone8 stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump

mail_jackr
Star I
As requested by the mod - opening new discussion for the issue.
The Flashing Full Ramdump happened to me too - the phone was being charged over the night and the error was waiting when I woke up.
I hope that at least your service will fix it quickly.
776 REPLIES 776

Aryan202
Community Legend I
hurryman2212

Does this problem exist for everyone, or just certain portion of them?

View post
Certain portion
A translated article from a site:
"As a symptom, it seems that there are many reports that it restarts without user operation, a message such as "Waiting for flashing full ramdump" is displayed on the display, and it becomes unusable as it is.
It seems that similar cases have appeared both in Japan and overseas, and a video capturing the situation has been posted on YouTube.
According to the magazine's confirmation with ASUS JAPAN, the company is aware of this problem and says that it is a "symptom that appears in some products." The cause is a defect in some parts manufactured within a specific period, and details are currently under investigation.
On the other hand, the model for Japan has different specifications from the model for overseas, so the defect rate is low."

From what I've heard the newer production models don't have this issue so it's likely it was some of the earlier batches with this issue

th_besch
Rising Star I
"In computer science, the ostrich algorithm is a strategy of ignoring potential problems on the basis that they may be exceedingly rare. It is named for the ostrich effect which is defined as "to stick one's head in the sand and pretend there is no problem". It is used when it is more cost-effective to allow the problem to occur than to attempt its prevention."
Source: Wikipedia
Happy Sunday everyone 😉

How many reported cases are there for the 8 Flip?

stret77
Star I
Mine went black a few days ago for a couple of hours. Think i finally made it restart with volume up and power button. Before this my phone been restarting a lot before this.
I'm was hoping android 12 make this issue go away, but when reading this thread I realize this might be a hardware problem.

AntaresSquad
Star I
Another user with dead phone here... seriously a good thing I am not on a trip while my phone died, though some of my important data is still lost.
2021.05 16GB Ram variant. 3 months of usage and then sudden black screen after charging in the morning.