VivoBook Flip 14 only lasts 2h on battery

alur2020x
Star I
System: Windows 11
Battery or AC: Battery
Model: VivoBook Flip 14, i5 11th gen, 512GB SSD
========================
Detailed description:
I got this laptop a few days ago. Everything is great except the battery. It only lasts 2 hours of browsing the internet and using OneNote. I use whisper mode and battery saving mode but it didn't make the battery life better. I expected 6+ hours of battery life and not just 2. Please tell me if this is an issue with the OS or with the laptop itself.
7 REPLIES 7

Falcon_ASUS
alur2020x
  1. System: Windows 11
  2. Battery or AC: Battery
  3. Model: VivoBook Flip 14, i5 11th gen, 512GB SSD

========================

Detailed description:

I got this laptop a few days ago. Everything is great except the battery. It only lasts 2 hours of browsing the internet and using OneNote. I use whisper mode and battery saving mode but it didn't make the battery life better. I expected 6+ hours of battery life and not just 2. Please tell me if this is an issue with the OS or with the laptop itself.

VivoBook Flip 14 only lasts 2h on battery
@alur2020x
Could you please tell me what's your product model?
[Notebook] How to check the model name and BIOS version | Official Support | ASUS Global

Falcon_ASUS
alur2020x

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/197906#Comment_197906

Yes, the model is TP470EA

View post
@alur2020x
Can I understand your settings and operations at that time?
Please confirm what kind of power mode is used, what is the screen brightness setting?
Did you turn on any hardware at that time, such as Bluetooth, wireless network?
Is there any program running in the system background? For example: system update or anti-virus software is running.
Thank you.

alur2020x
Star I
Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/197976#Comment_197976

@alur2020x

Can I understand your settings and operations at that time?

Please confirm what kind of power mode is used, what is the screen brightness setting?

Did you turn on any hardware at that time, such as Bluetooth, wireless network?

Is there any program running in the system background? For example: system update or anti-virus software is running.

Thank you.

View post
Hello. I was using Microsoft Edge and OneNote at the time. I am using the Whisper Mode, with 40% brightness. I had Bluetooth off but Wi-Fi on. No updates were installed in the background.