This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 stuck in EDL mode

José_Pedro
Star I
So, a friend of mine just came to me with a Zenfone 8 that doesn't react to any command. Plugging it into a PC makes it show up as QUSB_BULK_SN######. A quick Google search turns up a bunch of hits regarding a similar issue with Google's Pixel 3 line after a failed update, suggesting the phone was stuck in EDL mode, needing a factory image and a "firehose" file to reflash it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @José Pedro ,
Here are some steps that your friend can try to troubleshoot
Make sure that the device in the latest firmware version 30.12.112.62
Charge the device to 100% percent and restart the device. Will then the battery meter reset itself (and start displaying usage as you would expect)?
If issue remains I would recommend you to back up your data and perform a "Factory reset"
Let me know if this issue persists.

daniel91m
Rising Star II
@Irene2_ASUS the latest system is not 30.12.112.65? (I have .65)

PhaGWiZ
Rising Star I
daniel91m

@Irene2_ASUS the latest system is not 30.12.112.65? (I have .65)

View post
It is because apparently .65 was removed quickly after being released because of a bug. From what I have understood it was a bug with the clock speed of the cpu being stuck too low, but this has resulted in a bit better battery life for me so I stayed on .65 lol

Blumi
Rising Star II
ZF8User

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/197800#Comment_197800

It is because apparently .65 was removed quickly after being released because of a bug. From what I have understood it was a bug with the clock speed of the cpu being stuck too low, but this has resulted in a bit better battery life for me so I stayed on .65 lol

View post
lol, it is so funny, that this not resolved yet