This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huion Graphics Tablet not working anytime- both tablet and usb port are okay.

r1t0_
Star I
System: Windows 11, Pop OS 21.04 (Dual boot)
Battery or AC: both
Model: ASUS TUF Dash F15 FX516PE_FX516
Frequency of occurrence: every time, always
Reset OS: linux one twice, Windows upgraded to 11 from 10
Screenshot or video: attached
========================
Detailed description:
I have a graphics tablet- Huion H640P. I can use it without any issues on my android device, and tested it on two other machines- a desktop with Windows 10, and a laptop with Linux Mint (latest). The laptop is HP G7. It works on every places without any issues.
But it does not work on my ASUS device- no matter which OS I use.
I connect the tablet to my laptop, the light on the tablet goes on, and then turns off by itself. And the device is not once recognized.
I tried many fixes both on Windows and Pop, and I cannot get the tablet to work with the laptop.
All the USB ports are fine and are working without any issues.
I have tried-
Uninstalling and installing the USB drivers manually in Windows.
Shutting down, keeping the laptop off for a few minutes, then turning on with the tablet plugged in in Linux, in case if it's a power issue.
Fiddling with auto-suspension settings on usbcore on /etc/modprobe.d folder.
Nothing ever worked, the tablet does not work with my ASUS laptop and that's it.
Windows 11 has the Huion drivers installed, and the Linux has open source drivers installed. With these installed in other machines, the tablet works.
I want it very badly for the tablet to work with my new laptop.😓

7 REPLIES 7

r1t0_
Star I
video is attached here

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
Which port on the laptop did you connect the laptop to? Type A or Type C port?
And can you check if your laptop is set to power saving mode or the USB port has turned on the power saving mechnism?
Thank you.

r1t0_
Star I
Which port on the laptop did you connect the laptop to? Type A or Type C port?
I have only one type of cable provided with the tablet- type A. I used this for connecting.
And can you check if your laptop is set to power saving mode or the USB port has turned on the power saving mechnism?
No, when I plugged into the laptop while it was running Linux, it was not being run on power saving option.
I will check whether plugging into the USB turns on any power saving mechanism.

r1t0_
Star I
Hi, I just checked whether the plugging in the tablet triggers any power-saving mode. It does not.

I am still unable to use my tablet with my laptop. Please find a solution as soon as you can.