This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound / Loudness level decreased after .189/.191 Update

lovin2501
Star III
There's substantial drop in loudness level via inbuilt - speaker  & earphones as well . Please check.
29 REPLIES 29

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Maybe I will do this comparison just to prove my point, but unfortunately there's no time right now.
The earpiece speaker is not cheap quality, it's just small. It had to be to fit inside the flip camera. We found that it was good enough and met our requirements to continue with the design but now we know that the requirements for India are even higher. With that said, we still think it's close in comparison to similar phones that also have some kind of pop up camera.

lovin2501
Star III
Anders_ASUS

Maybe I will do this comparison just to prove my point, but unfortunately there's no time right now.

The earpiece speaker is not cheap quality, it's just small. It had to be to fit inside the flip camera. We found that it was good enough and met our requirements to continue with the design but now we know that the requirements for India are even higher. With that said, we still think it's close in comparison to similar phones that also have some kind of pop up camera.

View post
Earpiece may not be of cheap quality but definitely it's not able to reproduce entire frequency range properly.
Can you pass on an request to developers : To give end users an additional feature to tweak (equalize) Earpiece speaker frequencies and level separately.
As of now whatever Customizations we do in audio wizard is applicable simultaneously to both bottom speaker as well as earpiece ...But both speakers have different Characteristics and should have different corrections in frequency range accordingly.
This would allow individuals to tweak there speakers as per there individual hearing and taste.
I believe this solution could be applied for Call quality related issues also so that everyone can tweak earpiece as per their own requirement of hearing.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
It's true that it's not big enough to reproduce entire frequency range. I'm quite confident that our engineers with masters degrees in different audio fields know what they're doing and they have spent a lot of time tweaking the sound. With that said, I do understand the point you're trying to make. I just don't know if it's possible to have separate AudioWizard like settings for the earpiece. I can ask.
If it's possible, then it would be more user friendly to have different presets where one offers more volume, another one more bass (wider frequency response) and a third something else. An advanced EQ wouldn't be used by more than 1% of the users and they probably wouldn't be able to do better than the presets.
So to summarize, don't know if it's possible but I will send the feedback and hope for the best.
Thanks!

lovin2501
Star III
After updating to .194 :
Music Volume/Loudness : Through inbuilt speakers much more decreased now after this update.
Quite dissapointing .....

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
lovin2501

After updating to .194 :

Music Volume/Loudness : Through inbuilt speakers much more decreased now after this update.

Quite dissapointing .....

View post
We didn't touch the speakers in this update. If you're experiencing this, then it's because of something else. Not because of the update.