This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pocket mode doesn't work?

GavinJSmart
Star III
Anyone else find this phone constantly turns back on in your pocket?
I'm constantly finding my phone has pocket dialed work colleagues, messed up my shopping lists, added junk to my calender etc when it's in my pocket after I've turned it off.
Sometimes I'll notice the phone has turned back on because it gets warm.
I've enabled pocket mode in settings but it's made no difference and the beta software hasn't helped either.
It's very worrying as anyone who stole this phone could unlock it by just putting it in their pocket for a few minutes.
I've never had this problem with an android phone before so I feel there's a massive security flaw in this firmware
9 REPLIES 9

daveantonin
Star III
I have a very bad experience with pocket mode too. Sometimes the phone turns off wifi, sets silent mode, turns on the light in my pocket. The phone in my pocket became very hoot and the battery was empty.

ma_van_drunen
Star III
I recognize the issues, but only in combination with face recognition for unlocking my phone. Mostly the shortcut buttons were accidentally activated or emergency numbers were dialed. So I went back to unlock only with fingerprints, and it now hardly occurs anymore.

rpaulojade
Star III
Have you tried going to your security settings and tapping on unlock device. this opens up another window where you can try and turn off the settings there since I've had similar issues to this and this fixed for me.

GavinJSmart
Star III
I've turned off face unlock to see if that helps.

camillo_sars
Star III
Check that you don't have tap to wake and swipe to unlock active. If you do, the screen will first turn on and then your pocket will "swipe" to unlock.