System:
Battery or AC:
Model:
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Please advise what ram is suitable for my laptop as i eagerly want an upgrade as original ram is 4gb only....tested few ram but not compatible, in term of unable to be detected by bios or windows, but the ram can be detected by third party software such as cpu-z...currently running window 11 pro, cpu is i3-8130u..original ram that soldered together with motherboard is Micron ram as shown in the snapshot below.
img-20211204-005417.jpg

13 REPLIES 13

David_Ding
Star I
Please advise on this

Falcon_ASUS
David Ding
  1. System:
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model:
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

Please advise what ram is suitable for my laptop as i eagerly want an upgrade as original ram is 4gb only....tested few ram but not compatible, in term of unable to be detected by bios or windows, but the ram can be detected by third party software such as cpu-z...currently running window 11 pro, cpu is i3-8130u..original ram that soldered together with motherboard is Micron ram as shown in the snapshot below.

img-20211204-005417.jpg

Asus x411ua ram upgrade
@David Ding
X411UA already has onboard memory, and there still has one memory slot in this model.
Regarding this memory slot, you can insert a 8GB memory to use.
The memory specification is DDR4 2400 SO-D 8G 260P.
The following is the test list.
image.png
Thank you.  

David_Ding
Star I
May I know which bios version should I use? I have tried both V307 ans V310, using hynix ram as shown in the attachment, the bios and window still showing 4Gb.. when open cpu-z, it show 8Gb at memory tab, believe it should show both 12Gb.
1. Is there a bug in bios that freeze ram at 4gb even how much ram I install?
2. Found that when install ram on it, it will run at installed ram speed, the ram soldered on motherboard been ignored. This is outcome from investigating the memory tab of CPU-Z. Please advise.

David_Ding
Star I
Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/55976/asus-x411ua-ram-upgrade

@David Ding

X411UA already has onboard memory, and there still has one memory slot in this model.

Regarding this memory slot, you can insert a 8GB memory to use.

The memory specification is DDR4 2400 SO-D 8G 260P.

The following is the test list.

image.png

Thank you.  

View post
May I know which bios version should I use? I have tried both V307 ans V310, using hynix ram as shown in the attachment, the bios and window still showing 4Gb.. when open cpu-z, it show 8Gb at memory tab, believe it should show both 12Gb.
1. Is there a bug in bios that freeze ram at 4gb even how much ram I install?
2. Found that when install ram on it, it will run at installed ram speed, the ram soldered on motherboard been ignored. This is outcome from investigating the memory tab of CPU-Z. Please advise.