This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any UK Carriers that support VoLTE?

chrissfoot
Star II
Has anyone had any luck enabling VoLTE on any UK carriers? I've really like this feature and I'll be changing network at the end of the month and would really like to start using it!
Thanks
Chris
17 REPLIES 17

jonnywilson
Star II
I'm on EE in the UK and like cobben above have enabled VoLTE on a previous Xiaomi phone which was never sold or supported by EE. I have yet to find a way to enable VoLTE on my Rog Phone 2 and I've tried a fair few things and called the carrier but no luck yet.
Is there anyway to get this resolved, do the carriers have a certification programme or something that we can request them to do for this phone and also get VoWiFi enabled too as I use that feature quite a bit?

chrissfoot
Star II
Anders_asus you said this in another thread: (https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/7773/wifi-calling-or-volte-in-uk)
Because it can create issues when it is not optimized by us and your operator. We can discuss internally if it should be possible to enable it with a warning text.
Is this still being discussed?

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Yes, it's technically possible to enable VoLTE on any smartphone like others here have done with their Xiaomi phones but we don't want to do that because it can create a lot of issues. People will enable it and it might work perfectly most of the time but when it doesn't, then they're not going to remember that it could be because they forced VoLTE. In a worst case scenario they might not be able to call for an ambulance if there are VoLTE issues at the wrong moment.

chrissfoot
Star II
Anders_ASUS

Yes, it's technically possible to enable VoLTE on any smartphone like others here have done with their Xiaomi phones but we don't want to do that because it can create a lot of issues. People will enable it and it might work perfectly most of the time but when it doesn't, then they're not going to remember that it could be because they forced VoLTE. In a worst case scenario they might not be able to call for an ambulance if there are VoLTE issues at the wrong moment.

View post
Could this not be an option, similar to unlocking the bootloader, with a disclaimer saying that ASUS have no responsibility if it doesn't work? I currently cannot make phone calls in my home because there is no wifi calling and I cannot use my satnav if i'm on a phone call because of the lack of VoLTE so I will have to choose a different manufacturer when I really don't want to. I firmly believe that this phone is by far the best in class and really don't want to have to give it up just because it lacks a couple of features that are enabled by other manufacturers.
I am not suggesting that this should be something that is enabled for all users of the phone but allowing it for users that are technical enough to understand the risks involved would certainly make a lot of your customers happy.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Well this is something that is still being discussed. Some of us think it's ok to solve it they way you propose and others thinks its irresponsible if we allow it. It's a long discussion that will not be over anytime soon.