This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The same BUG again and again...

pio_zen
Rising Star II
System updates are still forced despite disabled option in update system settings. So, what that option do anyway?!
It feels like windows 10 - but you can disable automatic updates in windows with group policy editor...
I don't want to risk any updates while I'm away from home! Is that so hard to understand?
And spare me crappy arguments about "security" etc. I am technically aware enough to decide for myself.
If I'm forced to install updates it feels like i am some software tester - who should I call to receive a salary for that?
6 REPLIES 6

Grzemar
Rising Star I
Totally agree, especially since the latest update causes problems with GPS.

Iceman11
Star III
Agreed. It's a Windows like anti-user practice.
I've already opened a discussion a month ago about the same issue. Hopefully this one will gain more popularity and eventually Asus fix it.

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @pio_zen ,
1.Just to confirm you have the following settings in -> System update settings> automatically download and install to "Do not allow".
2.Also that Auto-update overnight is disabled
And still with those settings your device is getting automatically update?

pio_zen
Rising Star II
Irene2_ASUS

Hi @pio_zen ,

1.Just to confirm you have the following settings in -> System update settings> automatically download and install to "Do not allow".

2.Also that Auto-update overnight is disabled

And still with those settings your device is getting automatically update?

View post
Both options disabled - other people reported that too in other threads.
I hope there will be less issues with Android 12 and call recording will still be available (I still keep ZenFone 2 laser to have a phone with that feature 🙂
PS. Snap 888 is crap, Asus made big mistake choosing it , 865 would be enough.