This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Vivobook S15 S532 - Windows 11 - BSOD occurring when laptop is put in Sleep mode

adarsh76
Star I
System: Windows 11
Battery or AC: Both
Model: Vivobook S15 S532
Frequency of occurrence: Continuous
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video: Cannot post due to the nature of defect
========================
Detailed description: Laptop is getting restarted after a Blue Screen error when it is put in Sleep Mode. I shared the MiniDump file generated in Windows folder to a member of Microsoft Community. It was analyzed and found to be a problem with the sound driver Intel Smart Sound Technology for USB Audio that is part of the Intel Iris Xe Graphics display adapter.
I had connected Logitech HM370 headset which uses this Sound Driver when the laptop was put in Sleep mode. If I remove the headset and put the system in Sleep Mode then the issue does not occur.
Seems the Sound Driver of Intel needs to be updated for Windows 11.
Please advice.
10 REPLIES 10

Falcon_ASUS
adarsh76

Yes, BIOS version is the latest. Version 305.

All the drivers are up to date as well.

Just FYI.. when I saw Intel website there is an updated display driver version with the below details:

Version:

Release date:

November 11, 2021

However, I haven't installed it from Intel website due to the disclaimer mentioned by Intel as below:

Installing this graphics driver from Intel may remove customizations from your computer manufacturer (OEM).

If a newer graphics driver is available from ASUS or ASUSTEK, we recommend you install that driver instead.

View post
@adarsh76
I have forwarded the information to the relevant department. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

adarsh76
Star I
Just FYI..I went ahead and installed the latest display driver from Intel as per the suggestion given from Asus Service Head. There were no customizations lost.
However, with this driver also the issue is not resolved. Windows continues to crash in Sleep Mode whenever Intel Smart Sound for USB is active. Also found that only the display adapter version changed. The Audio Driver (Intel Smart Sound for USB) was still found to be the older version.
So technically this update won't resolve the issue.

Falcon_ASUS
adarsh76

Just FYI..I went ahead and installed the latest display driver from Intel as per the suggestion given from Asus Service Head. There were no customizations lost.

However, with this driver also the issue is not resolved. Windows continues to crash in Sleep Mode whenever Intel Smart Sound for USB is active. Also found that only the display adapter version changed. The Audio Driver (Intel Smart Sound for USB) was still found to be the older version.

So technically this update won't resolve the issue.

View post
@adarsh76
Because we cannot reproduce the problem, our tech team has confirmed that we may need log files (error messages) in your laptop for investigating the issue. If you agree to provide the logs, I will send you the tool to collect logs. Thank you.

adarsh76
Star I
Yes, please send me the tool. I will provide the logs.

Falcon_ASUS
adarsh76

Yes, please send me the tool. I will provide the logs.

View post
@adarsh76
I have sent a message to you, please check.
Thank you.