Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brightness at it's minimum : Auto & Manual Brightness doesn't work

og_dr_mkd
Star I
20211208-100245.jpg
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ZenFone 5Z (ZS620KL/ZS621KL) - Indian version
Firmware Version: QKQI.191008.00 I .WW.user.100.10.107.123z.2021013 release-keys
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Rare
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): No
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi, since last night the screen brightness has been at it's lowest seeing, with the slider scale is also not working. The whole screen remains at lowest point with the slider being at it's highest setting.

I tried to restart the phone, however still the problem exists. The brightness does get to its highest for less than a second at ASUS Boot Logo & then it automatically gets to its lowest setting

Note - Last year a similar problem existed for a day or two & it got resolved automatically ( However then brightness scale worked to increase the brightness )
PS - The attached image shows the brightness of the display
2 REPLIES 2

sidarya31
Rising Star II
Restart ur phone into safe mode n see whether it happens or not.

og_dr_mkd
Star I
Update - Unfortunately I kept my phone's hotspot on the whole night only to see my phone discharged & switched off ; so I kept it on charge for a hr or so. When I switched it on, the brightness was back to normal

It's been 2 hr & the display is holding up, Wishing for it to never happen. TOUCHWOOD