Battery or AC: AC
Model: ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8) & Mini
Frequency of occurrence: Every few m inutes
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
Firmware : Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.386_45898
========================
Detailed description:
Since 'upgrading' my firmware my wifi network drops connection to the internet for clients every few minutes. This doesn't happen for wired Lan connections, the wan connection is definitely up, and it is solved by disconnecting from the wifi and reconnection.
Anyone any advice on how to fix this problem? Downgrade the firmware to a better version maybe?
43 REPLIES 43

marwin
Star I
Asus is not responding on any problems regarding ZenWiFi and connect problems like dropping connection, randoms restarts, backhall switching back to 2.4ghz, etc

search for all issues with concerns these descriptions zero asus comments.

RVLTN123
Star I
Having the same issue. Horrible experience during teleconference calls. Asus... please address

Simlar problems with my dual AX8 setup - hw revision 1with latest firmware d.d.
All clients disconnect after a few minutes use. Some are able to reconnect but most have to reset connection by turning off/on wifi radio. W10 clients often complains about missing internet connection but sometimes will function with awful lag on the intranet.
Testing several settings for a temporary fix the one most promissing are to share the G5Hz-2 backhaul radio with clients.
From the ASUS Router app ->Network Settings ->AiMesh Wireless Backhaul select 'Use as both backhaul and fronthaul connection'
Interestingly nearly all clients now connect to this radio rather than the primary 5GHz-1 radio.

G0GCD
Star II
Exactly the problem I reported on my dual XT8 setup. My query was closed without comment.
I am running 42095 without problems apart from being continuously 'nagged' to 'upgrade' my firmware - but I see no evidence that the issue has been resolved in any of the more recent versions.
Or am I wrong?
John