cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE and Wifi Calling on Zenfone 8

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
Hi all,
Does anyone know if we can expect enabling VoLTE and Wifi Calling in european networks? I can only see in settings that icons for these options are available to enable at notification bar:
screenshot-20210518-120433796.png

Also as call quality is quite poor, can we expect some improvement with software updates as enabling HD Voice codecs?
Best,
Lukasz
265 REPLIES 265

aqilasraf
Star I
I'm new to this phone but when I call other people, they usually cannot hear me well. Is this a common issue? I'm using celcom

samuso
Star I
Just a shout out, that VoLTE (and 5G) doesn't work with O2 in Slovakia as well.
I'm on Zenfone 8 Flip.

0504131a
Star I
Please if you can help I am trying to turn on volte / wifi calling and there is no such option in the menu. I talked to my cellular company(pelephone israel) and they say they have activated the service (wifi calling), what can I do?

Cyslawo
Rising Star II
0504131a

Please if you can help I am trying to turn on volte / wifi calling and there is no such option in the menu. I talked to my cellular company(pelephone israel) and they say they have activated the service (wifi calling), what can I do?

View post
If they activated for Your phone, You need to write *#*#3642623344#*#* in dialer. After last * text will disappear, and You will be able to turn off volte (4g calling) and vowifi in options.

Chris1
Rising Star II
CH_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/170468#Comment_170468

Yes, Zenfone 8 support with French operators are as below.

Bouygues - VoLTE/VoWIFI

Orange & SFR - VoLTE

View post
Hi @CH_ASUS
For Orange FR, VoLTE was activated "out of the box", and then it deactivated itself.
I called 2 times customer service, they reactivated it 2 times... but VoLTE deactivated itself soon after.
For now, Zenfone 8 is still unlisted on this official mobile list :
Les Appels Wi-Fi - Appeler en Wifi sur votre smartphone, même sans réseau mobileNo VoLTE with Zenfone 8 on Orange FR network.