FunBike31
Community Legend I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 5
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2111.200
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Optimize système stability
Hoping that indeed this will improve the stability of the system and the outputs of regular applications.
Note that like .196, the description is in English on a French system. Rushing the output or lack of translator?

19 REPLIES 19

rStar
Rising Star II
GhostRog5

I just now got the .200 patch. My wifi had stopped working yesterday almost a week after .196 update. I was hoping they fixed it with .200, but alas I was mistaken or very optimistic.

Also saw something WW after the patch installation completed.

screenshot-20211202-124626063-1.jpg

View post
screenshot-20211202-163817173-281-29.png
No such issues.

Try resetting wifi settings and fresh login to the n/w

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi,
It is completely normal for the device to skip update. It usually don't happen. Anways if everythings working fine I don't see any issue here

quangchuot1509
Star III
FunBike31

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Rog 5
  2. Firmware Version: 18.0840.2111.200
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Optimize système stability

Hoping that indeed this will improve the stability of the system and the outputs of regular applications.

Note that like .196, the description is in English on a French system. Rushing the output or lack of translator?

Firmware 18.0840.2111.200
Can you give me a preview of the new firmware pls. Does it stable yet.

FunBike31
Community Legend I

quangchuot1509

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/55709/firmware-18-0840-2111-200

Can you give me a preview of the new firmware pls. Does it stable yet.

View post
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/55568/the-more-firmware-updates-the-worse-it-will-be-worse-an...
This message on the .196 update also applies to the .200, there are the same issues as the screens already posted, no fixes for the bugs I already posted and a new bug after the update. 200 which concerns the professional profile.
As a reminder "Work Profile Setup has stopped working"
And as expected, the 2 applications which were in "Twin Apps" crashed on the 1st launch, on the 2nd launch one is launched but not the other, so I completely delete and reinstall.
In summary.
No correction of the bugs that I noticed previously and two new ones on the 1st restart.
Several times a day com.qti.sla ....... crashes and now Armory create when you wake up (I restart (have) the phone to be quiet)
The mobile data connection is cut after this bug com.qti .., airplane off / on to reset it.
I had to reinstall RR3 again, I don't count anymore.
The most important bug is still there, it concerns the charging of the phone (visually everything is normal but it does not charge the battery) with several types of non-Asus charger. (charger unknown because public service) but certainly QC4 + like one of mine.
It is therefore mandatory to take the 65w charger as a precaution if you leave the house more than 12 hours

Today I put the tel rog 5 back in its box, I am waiting for the delivery of the Moto G100 (the G200 does not have an SDCard and a jack3.5 otherwise I will have ordered it).
For the Rog 5, I will take it out of the box for the next updates but I no longer believe it, I have the choice to resell it but it is not honest with the buyer and it remains an excellent phone, just put wrong by the incompetence of a service. The errors are unavoidable but the phone came out in March 2021, I bought it in July, there was a lot of firmware and for my part, I only saw additional problems.
Here it is, everything is said, I will continue to follow Zentalk, certainly less often

quangchuot1509
Star III
FunBike31

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/196562#Comment_196562

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/55568/the-more-firmware-updates-the-worse-it-will-be-worse-an...

This message on the .196 update also applies to the .200, there are the same issues as the screens already posted, no fixes for the bugs I already posted and a new bug after the update. 200 which concerns the professional profile.

As a reminder "Work Profile Setup has stopped working"

And as expected, the 2 applications which were in "Twin Apps" crashed on the 1st launch, on the 2nd launch one is launched but not the other, so I completely delete and reinstall.

In summary.

No correction of the bugs that I noticed previously and two new ones on the 1st restart.

Several times a day com.qti.sla ....... crashes and now Armory create when you wake up (I restart (have) the phone to be quiet)

The mobile data connection is cut after this bug com.qti .., airplane off / on to reset it.

I had to reinstall RR3 again, I don't count anymore.

The most important bug is still there, it concerns the charging of the phone (visually everything is normal but it does not charge the battery) with several types of non-Asus charger. (charger unknown because public service) but certainly QC4 + like one of mine.

It is therefore mandatory to take the 65w charger as a precaution if you leave the house more than 12 hours

Today I put the tel rog 5 back in its box, I am waiting for the delivery of the Moto G100 (the G200 does not have an SDCard and a jack3.5 otherwise I will have ordered it).

For the Rog 5, I will take it out of the box for the next updates but I no longer believe it, I have the choice to resell it but it is not honest with the buyer and it remains an excellent phone, just put wrong by the incompetence of a service. The errors are unavoidable but the phone came out in March 2021, I bought it in July, there was a lot of firmware and for my part, I only saw additional problems.

Here it is, everything is said, I will continue to follow Zentalk, certainly less often

View post
I see, thank you very much, i think i will stick with the previous firmware for a long time if they keep increase more bug after the new updates.