This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the data from old ROG 5 motherboard be erased before replacing with New Motherboard

anirudh2885
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 5
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
My ROG Phone 5 suddenly died after a full recharge, does not turn on or even charge. When I submitted the device to the service center they said they will have to replace the motherboard. I asked what happens to the old motherboard, they replied it will be sent back to ASUS.
My question is will the data on the old motherboard be erased before it's sent to ASUS?
There is lot of personal information, photos, documents etc. stored in the storage, if not erased then it is an invasion of privacy. How to check/verify if they have really erased data from the old motherboard ?
Also won,t the IMEI change if motherboard is replaced ?
9 REPLIES 9

anirudh2885
Star I
dheeraj.g999

Hey @anirudh2885 .... I got to see your previous discussions.

Are you from Hyderabad?? If yes, please let me know where is the service center.

I'm facing issue with my sim slot 1 and fingerprint sensor.

Please help me🙏

View post
Hi Dheeraj, there are 2 service centers in Hyderabad. The service center to which I have given is in Minerva Complex, 6th Floor, Secunderabad. They have recently shifted to this complex. Previously also I had given to them(the shop was opposite to chermas) and they did a fine job as far as the first repair went. I still have to collect the device from my 2nd repair.

dheeraj_g999
Star III
Hi @anirudh2885, thanks for your response.
I did visited the service center. They saw mobile my hand and immediately told me they have replace the motherboard. I submitted my mobile. Now, I have to wait for 3-4 weeks.
I'm really surprised, how did ASUS sold us the product with faulty core component.
I'm afraid, how many issues we might face once we receive Android 12 update.
Hope, this replacement of motherboard will fix all the issues!!

anirudh2885
Star I
ARP_ASUS

Hi anirudh2885,

Let me get back to you on this.

Let me assure you while I will get back the info but we take at most care about customers data.

View post
@ARP_ASUS Hi, I went twice to the service center when they messaged me the mobile was repaired. But today I had to wait for an Hour and still didnt get my device. It has been 3 weeks, I call them up to confirm and then when they said to come and collect I had to wait for an Hour and still they didnt give me the device.

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi anirudh2885,
Please check your inbox message share the details.

anirudh2885
Star I
ARP_ASUS

Hi anirudh2885,

Please check your inbox message share the details.

View post
@ARP_ASUS I have sent the details.