cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG PHONE 3 ROM

eroxs
Star I
hi , i have rog 3 tencent version that have global rom
i know you dont support CN version that have WW rom.
my question is : if i buy ASUS Official Mobile Desktop Dock ZS660KLD ,it have compatibility issues ?
if i flash my country code to WW ( with root ) have same issue ?
need lockbootloader for use ZS660KLD ?
and last question : ZS600KLD will support rog 3 tencent version ?
2 REPLIES 2

ronald1985
Community Legend I
eroxs

hi , i have rog 3 tencent version that have global rom

i know you dont support CN version that have WW rom.

my question is : if i buy ASUS Official Mobile Desktop Dock ZS660KLD ,it have compatibility issues ?

if i flash my country code to WW ( with root ) have same issue ?

need lockbootloader for use ZS660KLD ?

and last question : ZS600KLD will support rog 3 tencent version ?

ROG PHONE 3 ROM
This is a ROG 2 forum by the way, but hopefully moderators here can move it for you. @Gustav_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @Irene2_ASUS
The answer to your question is functionality isn't guaranteed for those devices with CN variant and WW ROM.
With the above said, your device bootloader would have been unlocked once, so again, same thing applies functionality isn't guaranteed as the device has been tampered with.
Please refer to this post:
Gustav_ASUS

Hi Zentalk!

We are seeing reports that some users have been sold Tencent-branded devices intended for the Chinese market, that have been flashed with global ROM by the reseller.

Again, we would like to make it clear that ASUS does not officially sell any Tencent-branded ROG Phone 3 with so called "international ROM" or "global firmware".

We cannot guarantee the functionality of this combination. If you are facing any type of issue with your device - please contact your reseller who sold you the device - as this is is not a combination we are selling.

Please also take careful note that FOTA functionality will be disabled since the ROM and device model does not match. Some resellers note this in the fine print, others do not.

For more information regarding this subject, please refer to this thread:

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/10259/psa-take-caution-tencent-branded-chinese-models-with-gl...

[PSA] Tencent-branded ROG Phone 3 with "Global/International ROM"

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @eroxs
I will move this discussion thread to the correct section.