This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Able to update to latest firmware (manually)

EskimoViking
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 5
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2106.83
Rooted or not: Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
So I have downloaded the latest firmware from the Asus site and followed the guide (put zip folder in root directory) and it fails to update to 18.0840.2111.196.
I have even gone as far as EDL mode to flash the firmware but seems my flash all batch file is missing some critical information and nobody seems to be replying to my post on the XDA forums, I have searched through the forums and I have searched google but can't find anything to really help me in my issue.
If anyone wants to take a look at my post on XDA it is posted as Flashing Stock Rom EDL Method.
Please if anyone is able to help me that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

Please do not update to the latest firmware as I'm facing loss of Wifi and Wifi hotspot after updating. Would recommend you to never update to the latest firmware immediately and update after 10-15 days because the wifi and wifi hotspot issue is very bad and once affected the phone will be in an unusable condition.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
If no one has been able to solve this problem for you on XDA, it is because there are several problems because there are people as competent if not more than among the manufacturers.,
the first is immediately visible in the title of your post, you mention a Firmware that does not exist, the second is that there is no other relevant information on the exact model of the phone, on its origin (Global, Tencent ) and finally on what has already been done and how to get to this version or how it was rooted.
Finally, if the root is easy enough, the slightest problem afterwards and all the other operations require extreme rigor as well as knowledge.
I advise you to return to XDA by detailing in a precise way and excate the history of the tel.
I will have a look on XDA but I think I have already seen your post, there is a similar problem with answers on what to do, the problem is that all operations should be detailed in detail because the user has no knowledge.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
haha, I saw that this is not the post I was thinking of, but maybe you need to realize that the people who can answer you are not in the same time zone as you and they have also a family life and work, XDA is not a 24/24 paid hotline.
Regarding the statement, the precision and the details of the request, you sincerely believe that the people who can answer you will do a research on your messages to determine what you have already done and on which device?

EskimoViking
Star I
The whole reason I am trying to update is because my phone randomly restarts with current firmware, I put the phone down and leave it idle and it reboots. I found a work around but that means having hotspot on and something connected to the hotspot.