This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Reboot and Broken Auto-brightness after Update (WW_30.12.112.56)

linggasy
Star III
Hi all,
As stated on the title after updated to WW_30.12.112.56, my phone randomly reboot (not too often though) and also auto-brightness not working like usual.
Before this update, which was on WW_30.12.112.46, everything was fine.
Hopefully Asus devs will look into this matter and fix them on the next update.
Regards,
Anotherzenfone8user
44 REPLIES 44

linggasy
Star III
Hello guys, perhaps this is the last comment from OP here..
After 24hr of testing, it seems with latest update (version .62) the problem has resolved. The difference with version .46 that the brightness level or limit is a bit brighter with this update (.62). I can say on version .46 it's great when you're in a pitch black room because the sensor automatically reduced to the lowest brightness. For version .62, it's best when you're in a room with normal or brighter lighting. If I can suggest, take or combine .46 and .62 adaptive brightness patch to the next update and I can assure we can have the best brightness sensor or auto brightness settings on Zenfone 8.
For random reboot, so far not experience it anymore. Although on previous crappy version (.56), my device reboot randomly for 3 times and after that...no more. Strange...
That's all folks!

przemho
Star I
Autobrightness is back working good on the latest update (WW_30.12.112.62) 🙂

izani
Rising Star I
Yup, working good with latest update WW_30.12.112.62. 👍

HeLLKiTe
Rising Star I
Is the new update .62 able to fix the proximity sensor? the last update before .56 really screw up the finger print sensor when phone is in your pocket.

dejevic
Star II
Autobrightness is fixed for me also on the latest update.
Thanks for being quick to solve this 👍