System: Windows 11
Battery or AC: Both
Model: S15 S532
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video: Unable to attach due to nature of defect
========================
Detailed description:
Why is the mouse hovering over ScreenPad in this model? Screenpad is a touch screen and we don't need mouse pointer over there. Mouse is hovering over to the screenpad whenever I move my mouse to the bottom. Not only that, whenever I touch an app in the screenpad the mouse pointer hovers over to screenpad automatically.
Is there a way to switch off this behaviour? This is so much inconvenient because at times I am not sure where the mouse pointer whenever I am working on the main display.
6 REPLIES 6

Falcon_ASUS
adarsh76
  1. System: Windows 11
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: S15 S532
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Always
  5. Reset OS: Yes
  6. Screenshot or video: Unable to attach due to nature of defect

========================

Detailed description:

Why is the mouse hovering over ScreenPad in this model? Screenpad is a touch screen and we don't need mouse pointer over there. Mouse is hovering over to the screenpad whenever I move my mouse to the bottom. Not only that, whenever I touch an app in the screenpad the mouse pointer hovers over to screenpad automatically.

Is there a way to switch off this behaviour? This is so much inconvenient because at times I am not sure where the mouse pointer whenever I am working on the main display.

Asus Vivobook S15 S532 - Mouse hovering over to Screenpad
@adarsh76
Could you please take a picture for me to confirm?
Please also help provide the current system version and BIOS version.
Thank you.

adarsh76
Star I
Attaching picture of Screenpad with mouse pointer visible in the middle of screen. Also attaching system and bios version.
img-20211130-143555807.jpg
image.png

Falcon_ASUS
adarsh76

Attaching picture of Screenpad with mouse pointer visible in the middle of screen. Also attaching system and bios version.

image.png

View post
@adarsh76
I have forwarded the information to the relevant department. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

Falcon_ASUS
adarsh76

image.png

View post
@adarsh76
Confirmed by the technical department, when you slide the mouse down, the mouse will be on the ScreenPad, which is a normal behavior. If you mean, the cursor cannot move after the mouse is over the ScreenPad, I would recommend you to do calibration. Thank you.
[Notebook] Troubleshooting - How to fix the ScreenPad 2.0 problems when it is not working properly o...Please download and install [ScreenPad2 Optimizer] correction program. Click here to download ScreenPad Optimizer.
Note: This tool will be able to correct the ScreenPad 2.0 resolution, rotation, ScreenPad 2.0 abnormal display, and ScreenPad 2.0 cannot operate,in order to ensure the operation of ScreenPad 2.0.