This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty Support

ed_peciulis
Star I
What kind of global support does ASUS offer for the ZenFone 6?
I travel a lot so would I be stuck if something goes wrong in another country? My sister had a problem with her ZenFone and Customer Support refused warranty service and said to contact China for service.
That's not a practical solution if I would have to send my phone halfway across the world for warranty service, so I don't know if I want to buy a ZenFone 6 for this reason.
What kind of experience do others have with ASUS Suport? Did they solve your problem, or did they tell you to go to China for service? I want to defy ordinary, but what happens when there's a problem and I need support?
16 REPLIES 16

MisterSavage
Rising Star I
Who said anything about a world wide warranty policy? There is a thing called flexibility and courtesy one time exceptions. Those words exist in the vocabulary of some people and some companies.
I suppose a lot of people weren't expecting their phone to brick after a firmware update. A risk of requiring a motherboard replacement is certainly a "risk" not many people would be expecting. That we can agree on right?
So where were all the official updates about inventory for the people wanting the product in their region? Say since, July?
People built the Great Wall of China and that certainly wouldn't be described as an "easy task" yet is was done. I would imagine taking in failed units or replacing them wouldn't be quite at the level of constructing the Great Wall of China. Nothing is impossible. It always easy to point to everyone else and using them as a measuring stick or as a way to justify your own policies. How about this. Do one better?
I can appreciate that some things take effort but to say you have "no obligation to fix it for you" surely speaks volume about the corporate numbness to the concerns of your customers.

ed_peciulis
Star I
This thread has clearly demonstrated the kind of headaches one will experience with ASUS when their phones break down.
The Marketing slogans are very promising and when you email support their replies will be peppered with plenty of "we value your business" enthusiasm, but after a month or so of communication that goes nowhere you'll discover that you're left alone with your broken phone and many excuses on why ASUS has "no obligation to help you".
The solution for me is not to buy an ASUS phone ever again.
Instead, I'll buy a Xiaomi or other inexpensive brand with the same features for a couple hundred dollars and if it breaks or gets stolen I can just replace it instead of going through the mental agony of trying to convince Customer Support that they should help me while they invent excuses to refuse.