Star I
System: W10
Battery or AC: AC
Model: UX391.FA
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:I have had my computer for almost 2 year. I have never had any issues with the docking station (USB C) were i have my external monitor and mouse and keypad connected. For two weeks ago the display stoped working. It lights up when i am connectint to the docking station but it gets no signal so after a couple of seconds it turns of.
I can also say that there is nothing wrong with cables or dock. The mouse, keypad and everything else works just fine...But not the display.
I have also tried to connect my other laptop (lenovo x250) and with that laptop everything including display works. So, there is nothing wrong with the equipment.
27 REPLIES 27

YukonCharlie
Star I
Thanks for your support.
I have reinstalled all USB drivers and they are updated, still the same problem.
What i can see i have problems with the thunderbolt port. I tried tro reinstall the drivers but then i get the following in the log fil:
[3D60:20B8][2021-11-29T11:39:10]e000: Error 0x80070643: Failed to install MSI package.
[3D60:20B8][2021-11-29T11:39:10]e000: Error 0x80070643: Failed to execute MSI package.
[16F0:410C][2021-11-29T11:39:10]e000: Error 0x80070643: Failed to configure per-machine MSI package.
What is MSI package?

MotoWiZ
Rising Star II
It's a Microsoft installer package...
Google for 0x80070643, and try to figure out what is wrong.
I think that there's a windows update that is not going correctly, see historical in windows updates to see if you find something suspicious.

YukonCharlie
Star I
I have now tried everything:)
My last option was to reinstall the operation system from scratch...I did it and what happened? Same problem arise....I also get a message at the first start up that "this applications is not running". So, i cannot install the new updated Thunderbolt drivers so i am stucked.

MotoWiZ
Rising Star II
Try to uninstall and delete the drivers for thunderbolt. Just right click it in device manager and select uninstall and then choose delete drivers also (I don't remember if it has the option uninstall or only disable)...

YukonCharlie
Star I
I have now uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them. I still have the same problem (but now with errors at start).
What part of the computer is it that has to do with all data over the USB port?
Everything else on the USB-C dock still works just fine...But no image on the screen...It seems like that the computer dont understand that there is another display connected.