This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No music player - WHY???

peirac
Star II
Hi to everyone, i would ask, if i am the only one, who is disappointed with fact, that Zenfone 8 has no built-in music player. I use bluetooth accessories, intercom in my motorcycle helmet and i am not able to control playing music, i have to start some player in my cellphone, believe me, that it is not comfortable. I use BT headphones and when i off them, then my cellphone playing music loudly, so i have to take it and quit music player manually 😫. My old lowcost phone was without problem and i didn't assume, that thing like this can be problem in "flagship phone" ...
Can you someone help me?
10 REPLIES 10

Blumi
Rising Star II
What was your old phone?

Try disabling battery saver for audify.

dron39
Rising Star II
Something is wrong with power-saving mode (maybe you use ultra durable as your daily driver) ?
Or maybe your music app id disabled in autostart ( battery settings) ?
I use my phone not with intercom but with Alpine player in my car, have no troubles. When it's connected it's starts play. When it's call it goes to pause and continue to play after call end. Maybe your intercom also have some FW updates available?

erik_paladin
Rising Star I
Yes, I think al of this can be configured through software. I don't have any BT headphones, but I know that, for example, spotify starts playing immediately when I connect the phone to my car's system.

As others have said, check if there is a firmware update for your headset.
Check if the audio app you are using supports control through headset buttons.
Disable any battery optimization for your audio app.
And in the end, consider that Huawei phones are running EMUI, a Huawei-modified Android "skin". Each manufacturer modifies Android in their own way, and the version shipped by Asus is not as modified as the one from Huawei.
And again, maybe try Poweramp? Here you can see some of the BT-related settings it offers:
screenshot-20211126-152433587.jpg

gaurieshankar
Star I
Hello @peirac I read your problem, I think you should find Google Music Player, if your device runs on any Android version, then it must have Google Music Player installed already. If your device runs on pure android One user interface, then Android's ONE UI will not allow any third party music player. Hope you will get your doubts cleared, thanks.
Also whenever you switch off the BT device while playing music, user interface will not PAUSE or RESUME the music just for your uninterrupted music experience.

peirac
Star II
Great, thanks to all, i see, i have many ways to try to solve my troubles, thanks 😊. I'll let you know how I do