Star I
System: W10
Battery or AC: AC
Model: UX391.FA
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:I have had my computer for almost 2 year. I have never had any issues with the docking station (USB C) were i have my external monitor and mouse and keypad connected. For two weeks ago the display stoped working. It lights up when i am connectint to the docking station but it gets no signal so after a couple of seconds it turns of.
I can also say that there is nothing wrong with cables or dock. The mouse, keypad and everything else works just fine...But not the display.
I have also tried to connect my other laptop (lenovo x250) and with that laptop everything including display works. So, there is nothing wrong with the equipment.
27 REPLIES 27

YukonCharlie
Star I
It is not listed at all..
Just black screen and i cannot change resolution at all..it never comes up in any
The model is: u32r590cwu (Samsung)
meny for display settings.
The strange thing is that it worked for like 4 weeks ago (and it is still working on my other computer).
I saw now that when i start the computer it says something about "The thunderbolt APP is not in use..."

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Charlie,
You can try to reinstall the USB drivers in the device manager? All 3 ports.
And how about in safe mode?
Also, can you find another monitor to connect, just to cross check?
Thank you.

YukonCharlie
Star I
I have tried to reinstall the USB drivers, nothing happens..

I have tried another display but still have the same problem...

What type of drivers is it that should look for another display?

YukonCharlie
Star I
I getting mad....Cannot use the computer that well without a external display. Think it is strange that everything else i connect to different USB C docks works, printers, memories, mouse etc...but not the display.

MotoWiZ
Rising Star II
Hi @YukonCharlie:
I was having problems with thunderbolt, not like you, but couldn't update the drivers, so I did the following and by this order:
1 - Follow this link instructions:
[Notebook] Troubleshooting - How to fix the USB Type-C problems ? | Official Support | ASUS Global2 - In Device Manager, under System Devices (my Windows is in Portuguese, so I'm not sure it's this name) locate Thunderbolt controller and do the following:
Right click;
Update controller;
Seek controller in computer;
Enable choosing from a list of available controllers in your PC;
Choose the last version (most recent), the one you downloaded from Asus website. If the driver version that you downloaded doesn't appear in means that it wasn't installed and you have to install it correctly;
Restart your laptop;
Verify again that, now, the version installed for the Thunderbolt is the right one, by going again to device manager, but this time right click thunderbolt, then properties and see in the controller tab that the version is equal to the one you want;
Verify if now the monitor works...
If the monitor still doesn't work, you should download older driver versions from Asus Website, repeat the process of installing the version you want, till you find one that makes the monitor work again.
3 - Once the monitor works, open Microsoft store and install thunderbolt control center.
Please, give the community feedback to know if it worked.
Good luck!!