This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Reboot and Broken Auto-brightness after Update (WW_30.12.112.56)

linggasy
Star III
Hi all,
As stated on the title after updated to WW_30.12.112.56, my phone randomly reboot (not too often though) and also auto-brightness not working like usual.
Before this update, which was on WW_30.12.112.46, everything was fine.
Hopefully Asus devs will look into this matter and fix them on the next update.
Regards,
Anotherzenfone8user
44 REPLIES 44

mj06
Rising Star I
Same for me. Auto-brightness does not work properly. When waking up, it takes a long time to react and sometimes, it pushes the light to the max. Not accurate.

dejevic
Star II
One more vote for bad auto-brightness. After wake up, screen gets too bright, and if I change it manually it later gets too dark.
Before last update it worked perfectly and I had zero complaints on this fantastic phone.

Germans
Star III
dejevic

One more vote for bad auto-brightness. After wake up, screen gets too bright, and if I change it manually it later gets too dark.

Before last update it worked perfectly and I had zero complaints on this fantastic phone.

View post
+1 Got exactly the same problem.

kvasnicka_marce
Star III
I have the same problem, the bad sensitivity of automatic brightness,the display gets quite warm ,nothing terrible.

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @linggasy,
Please try the following steps;
1) Double-check that you have Adaptive brightness enabled by going to Settings -> Display -> Adaptive brightness
2) You can reset adaptive brightness by going to Settings -> Apps & notifications -> Se all XX apps -> Device Health Services -> Storage & cache -> Clear storage -> Reset adaptive brightness
I hope that solves your issue, otherwise let me know 🙂