System: Asus
Battery or AC:
Model: E403S
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
I recently moved into a new place and had the internet set up. While the technician was here I was able to connect my phone, smart tv and my current laptop to the wifi. After the tech left the router reset itself, as he said it would. My phone and smart tv automatically connected to the wifi once the router was back up. However, my vivobook would not only connect, but wouldn't even show the network as visible. I could see neighbors' networks and could attempt to connect to them, but my network wasn't, and still isn't, available.
I contacted Asus, but as I'm out of warranty they can't help me, which is a whole other can of worms. I find after updates I usually have something amiss (mouse touch pad not working, scrolling not working, etc), so could this be a driver issue.
Thank you,
Caleb
2 REPLIES 2

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Try to reinstall the WiFi driver.

Falcon_ASUS
hartsellcb
  1. System: Asus
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model: E403S
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

I recently moved into a new place and had the internet set up. While the technician was here I was able to connect my phone, smart tv and my current laptop to the wifi. After the tech left the router reset itself, as he said it would. My phone and smart tv automatically connected to the wifi once the router was back up. However, my vivobook would not only connect, but wouldn't even show the network as visible. I could see neighbors' networks and could attempt to connect to them, but my network wasn't, and still isn't, available.

I contacted Asus, but as I'm out of warranty they can't help me, which is a whole other can of worms. I find after updates I usually have something amiss (mouse touch pad not working, scrolling not working, etc), so could this be a driver issue.

Thank you,

Caleb

Asus VivoBook (E403S) Internet Connectivity Help
@hartsellcb
Please take your laptop to another place with wireless internet and confirm whether you can connect to the wireless network normally.
If you can’t access the Internet in another place, please reinstall the wireless network card driver.
If it still doesn't work after reinstalling the driver, I would like to suggest you to bring back your mobile to our service center.
The following is the contact information: 
http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
Also you can contact the local service center for help. The following is the contact information: 
http://www.asus.com/support/CallUs#
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.