Star I
System: W10
Battery or AC: AC
Model: UX391.FA
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:I have had my computer for almost 2 year. I have never had any issues with the docking station (USB C) were i have my external monitor and mouse and keypad connected. For two weeks ago the display stoped working. It lights up when i am connectint to the docking station but it gets no signal so after a couple of seconds it turns of.
I can also say that there is nothing wrong with cables or dock. The mouse, keypad and everything else works just fine...But not the display.
I have also tried to connect my other laptop (lenovo x250) and with that laptop everything including display works. So, there is nothing wrong with the equipment.
27 REPLIES 27

MotoWiZ
Rising Star II

Hi @YukonCharlie,
Try to check if there are specific drivers for your dock from the manufacturer. I had to update drivers for my dock after a windows 10 update, because my monitor stopped working...
For windows 11 (clean install) the drivers for the dock were automatically installed by the system.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Charlie,
If you connect only the monitor to the dock, and then to the computer, does it work?
Is the monitor detected and shown in device manager?
Thank you.

YukonCharlie
Star I
No! Nothing happens...
I have tried the USB-c to hdmi adapter that was included in the package wheh i bought the computer. This adapter has always worked before but not now . When attaching that one i can see it in the USB view as a USB-C to hdmi adapter. But i dont get any signal to my display this way either.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Charlie,
So the monitor was not listed in device manager?
Which monitor are you using?
It is having completely black screen or there is a notice of "no signal"
if you adjust the resolution, does it help?
Thank you.