harlevli
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG3
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello all
I have an issue with my ROG3 which is almost identical to what another user mentioned in an older closed discussion. Since I couldn't find an option to contact another user directly I started this one, hoping he'll find it or one of the mods will tag him:
@TX11559
and the discussion:
TX11559

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus Rog 3 Strix - TENCENT GLOBAL ROM
  2. Firmware Version: Version WW-17.0823.2012.122

Hello, I have an issue with the phone screen, it mostly started after I did the version upgrade however I do not think this is the problem.

The problem is with the screen, from time to time the screen seems to go into colors, as if the screen has some failure (like tv back in the days used to turn into some colors), and even in rare situation the screen won't turn on / off and yesterday it didn't even notice my fingers at all, so had to do a hard reset and only then it worked.

Now, sometimes when the screen fails to come up / turn into colors there is an area (top left) where I put my fingers and with really little pressure get fixed or worst (sometimes while gaming I press there and nothing happen which is odd).

Any idea what could be the problem ? it is the screen ? should I fix it or jump off my window? (joking)

Rog 3 screen issue
Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

TX11559
Rising Star I
Hey, my issue got fixed, it was sent to my seller over at China, what they did was opening the phone, and they replaced the screen and another thing which I am not sure about, then it got fixed.

harlevli
Star I
That's great that your phone got fixed!
My problem appears about once a week which is enough to make it unreliable. I'm always in afraid it will leave me phoneless....

How long did it take? And if you don't mind saying, how much did it cost? Was it worth it?

Thanks!

TX11559
Rising Star I
harlevli

That's great that your phone got fixed!

My problem appears about once a week which is enough to make it unreliable. I'm always in afraid it will leave me phoneless....

How long did it take? And if you don't mind saying, how much did it cost? Was it worth it?

Thanks!

View post
Hey!

For me it costs nothing but to send it over, since I am in Israel. The phone has local warranty, so ones I have send it over they got it to fix, but only for the second time, so In total I had to send it twice (can't remember the cost but around 20-30$ usd.

Regardless, it took time because of the country differences, and yes it was worth it because in the end it got fixed and I use it and love it, I take lovely pictures with it, play with it and what not !

As for you, it depends on the seller, try to ask them to check the phone so you don't have to send it more then ones, it took time for me after long long research to tell the seller the issue might be from the screen, only then he agreed (second time) to send it and tell them about it.

Moral of the story ? Chinese
sellers can be great, they are nice (depends if you find the right one) but it is risky to buy from there because of the time differences, the time consuming to send it over and etc.. BUT look at the picture 🙂
p-20210219-154045.jpg