This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM/WIFI and Display problem since a few days ago.

KuroiRika
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 3
Firmware Version: whatever the latest one is
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time now
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I own a RoG 3 for just about a year now. It was working perfectly but since about 4 days ago, my phone had repeatedly frozen itself and auto restarted. After restart, the phone would not detect my SIM and WIFI will not be able to turn on. I have to restart the phone until it works again or it would automatically freeze, auto-restart and the problem would be fixed. The problem persist even after multiple factory reset. A simple search led me to find that RoG5 is having this problem as well? But I am experiencing this problem on RoG3
Another problem that is happening is that even if i manage to get past the constant freezes, the phone's display would just black out randomly. Similar to another post made by another user here. (I know that its only the display as I still can hear sounds/vibrations when i tap/hold the screen)
The problem is so annoying that I have already bought another device as I needed a phone for my work. I don't know what is happening but if this is something fixable then please fix it.
5 REPLIES 5

ronald1985
Community Legend I
KuroiRika

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG 3
  2. Firmware Version: whatever the latest one is
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: All the time now
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I own a RoG 3 for just about a year now. It was working perfectly but since about 4 days ago, my phone had repeatedly frozen itself and auto restarted. After restart, the phone would not detect my SIM and WIFI will not be able to turn on. I have to restart the phone until it works again or it would automatically freeze, auto-restart and the problem would be fixed. The problem persist even after multiple factory reset. A simple search led me to find that RoG5 is having this problem as well? But I am experiencing this problem on RoG3

Another problem that is happening is that even if i manage to get past the constant freezes, the phone's display would just black out randomly. Similar to another post made by another user here. (I know that its only the display as I still can hear sounds/vibrations when i tap/hold the screen)

The problem is so annoying that I have already bought another device as I needed a phone for my work. I don't know what is happening but if this is something fixable then please fix it.

SIM/WIFI and Display problem since a few days ago.
For auto restart/freeze issues, the moderators advice is to go to the service centre.

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @KuroiRika
1.Does it happen while you are using a certain app or task like gaming or does it restart unconditionally?
If you continue experiencing this my recommendation is to visit your nearest ASUS Service Center and get your device check.
I will also send you a PM with some further details.

KuroiRika
Star II
Irene2_ASUS

Hi @KuroiRika

1.Does it happen while you are using a certain app or task like gaming or does it restart unconditionally?

If you continue experiencing this my recommendation is to visit your nearest ASUS Service Center and get your device check.

I will also send you a PM with some further details.

View post
1) It happened once when I was gaming, and now the phone is just dead. It freezes the moment i try to turn it on and screen dies.
I posted this on 26th October and the reply only came on 5th November. A good 10 days later. This was my main phone and I needed a phone for work. So I have already bought a new device. Naturally, it is not an Asus device. I am honestly disappointed in Asus as I have used Asus products for PC and it has been great. However, it seems that your mobile device is not up to par.
My phone is already after the 1 year warranty (warranty expired on 21st October 2021), If I bring it to your service center, what will be the expected cost? Because honestly, I no longer need the device anymore. Unless you can guarantee to fix it for me for free or even cheap, because this is not even my fault as the device was working perfectly fine and I took real good care for it.

KuroiRika
Star II
...and 12 days later after my last reply there has been no more word from Asus for my issue on this thread nor by PM. Even if they said they would not be able to help my issue unless I bear the full cost, I would have still loved at least a reply or acknowledgement.
Really disappointing service especially from a brand I trust so much for desktop equipment. Guess i will just not buy another Asus phone ever again. Good luck for everyone else here if you encounter problems with your phone.