Battery drain / Performance issues

ananthakrsh
Star I
Model Name: ROG Phone 5
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2109.188
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Regular
Experience:
SIM card damaged during phone factory data reset - soft reset (weird but happened twice, had to get duplicate SIMs)
Background / overnight battery discharge appears to be high (tried with different settings as well as network combination); from inbuilt battery summary, Phone idle / System UI / Android System found in top 3
Sudden app closes and unable to open for next few minutes
Face unlocks unlocks phone without proper authentication, some times with mask and something even without a face
any other similar experiences or solutions to some or all these issues? feel free to fill in

4 REPLIES 4

ZT-6ba223c6
Rising Star I
"Background / overnight battery discharge appears to be high (tried with different settings as well as network combination); from inbuilt battery summary, Phone idle / System UI / Android System found in top 3"
I have the same issue since the last update (188) not sure why or what is causing the issue.
Sometimes it's not that bad and sometimes the battery drain is really huge
For example I charged my phone and left it for 4h without any useage, display was off the entire time: yesterday it drained 8%, today 1% without any sane reason.

ananthakrsh
Star I
exactly, i even tried switch to 3G/2G, disabled VoLTE even (probably not doing that again as i can barely use it in calls); network and performance config dialled to bare minimum switching every option off (even to 60hz, god that feels lagging)
Since the device has a 6k battery, it may not sound as if a big of a deal but if you travel or have a climate crisis like rain flood etc, its a issue.
(PS: i faced a torrential downpour due to a cyclonic depression which lead to flooding, I'm from TamilNadu BTW)
@Irene2_ASUS and @irene.arcas@Gustav@Gustav_ASUS

lina
Star I

Hello everyone, I recently lost my computer, phone, and documents during a move. I was in a terrible emotional state, my roommate advised me to try online therapy https://us.calmerry.com/try-online-therapy/. Now, for me, online therapy is becoming one of the most preferred ways to get professional support and guidance in the field of mental health.

Lopoza
Star I

Writing essays is not the most challenging task, compared to composing a term paper. I decided to use the click site , and I'm glad I did. It saved me from having to read textbooks for days on end and allowed me to get back to my normal life. In the end, I received good grades for the semester.