This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does the, Asus launcher, use so much battery all of a sudden

Roystoys
Zen Master III
I have recently put a 5 g Sim card in to my zen 7 and we have had an update recently.
As both were about the same time I can't be sure of the reason my battery sucks lately.
Has anyone noticed an increase in battery life since the last update??
And can someone explain ( to an old man) what the Asus launcher does and why it uses so much battery ? Can we uninstall it or is it a vital function of the phone ?
I think I know the answer to the later is a big no but I am hoping some young Tech head will shed some light on it and hopefully have a workaround re the Asus launcher

6 REPLIES 6

topolov
Rising Star II
I suggest you to disable 5G, reboot and check for two days, will this issue occur again or not.
If you have two potential causes - update and 5g, you can start with 5g, it's easier than rollback.

topolov
Rising Star II
Btw, I updated by loading ota zip through recovery - no significant changes in battery life

fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
Well I am not sure from where you got that zip but in Germany on support page the latest version for download is;
Version WW-30.41.69.112

No new update since september here!

Roystoys
Zen Master III
topolov

I suggest you to disable 5G, reboot and check for two days, will this issue occur again or not.

If you have two potential causes - update and 5g, you can start with 5g, it's easier than rollback.

View post
Ok thanks topolov I'll try the reboot first and see what happens. I am starting to think that it's the 5 g Sim card that is the problem but I will do some experimenting over the weekend+ and let you know the results