cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Phone 2 & Android OS updates.

ZT-9cbf5ffc
Star I
Hello @CH_ASUS ,
I m currently confused on whether to get zenfone 6 or Rog 2. and one important factor to me is android os update.
So, Can you please ask the devs of The Rog phone 2 whether they will follow the same android os update strategy as the rog phone 1 or the zenfone 6.
Thank you.
24 REPLIES 24

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
ROG1 will be updated to Pie.
ROG2 will be updated to Q.

As for timeschedules, I dont have anything to share - but ideally ROG2 will be updated faster than ROG1's own timeline (relatively speaking).

Zsolt
Star III
CH_ASUS

ROG1 will be updated to Pie.

ROG2 will be updated to Q.

As for timeschedules, I dont have anything to share - but ideally ROG2 will be updated faster than ROG1's own timeline (relatively speaking).

View post
In fact, you can tell them the truth that Android Q will be available with rog phone 3... How bad that sounds? Just as bad as we rog phone 1 owners feel....
??‍♂️

It's a joke they don't have the intention to upgrade as soon as possible. They got our cash and sold it with saying it will get android pie soon when it came out. Just as sales talk that's all.
The damage is done, and Asus showed where they are good and bad at.
They are probably now focus on making ROG phone 3.

sathishinsat2
Rising Star II
Asus Team, As you know, Post sale support is very important for all the product for the brand to grow in the market. For Mobile phones, update is very much important. You should concentrate on providing updates faster as like Oneplus. I used one of your mobile phone in the past and I changed to Oneplus 5. One plus is providing updates more faster and they provide ETA for all their future updates. Now I'm interested to buy ROG phone 2 but I'm worrying about the updates from ASUS. It seems, ROG Phone 1 not received android Pie yet. sounds bad.

PANSELUTA
Star II
Don't buy rog phone. I had it for 6 months and due to bad amoled and bad service I got a new Oneplus 7 pro. I'm already on android 10. I'll never buy asus phones. All they do is make fake promises.