Pyro
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG phone 5
Firmware Version: latest as of 17th of November 2021
Rooted or not: NOT
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

My ROG 5 shut off right in front of my eyes while playing Pokemon GO, it already had the wifi issue with which the phone did not connect to the wifi, I did a factory reset on my phone as the Asus service center guy said but it didn't solve any problem and because I have a scratch on my screen , the workers refused to give me a replacement or even repair my phone FOC saying it has 'Physical Damage' and that might have broken the motherboard , I have a video showcasing my phone was completely fine and working which means my motherboard was fine it was the bios issue that other ROG 5 users also experienced , who got a free replacement for their phone and now a week or so later, as I cannot pay 14K Rs for a replacement screen I took my phone back home, its completely shut down , no light flashing no screen turning on. So my first question to you Asus is Why would you advertise the product to have gorilla glass Victus, when it breaks from a fall of 61 cms (yes exact measurements) secondly when I pay 50K for a phone , I can surely expect you to give me replacement if its your update that messed up my perfectly working phone and not ask for any money or try to tell me my scratch has caused a damage to the motherboard while the phone was clearly working for 1-2 months , I waited for the update and still the wifi issue wasn't solved thus I contacted Asus and after doing everything they told me , I was expected to pay for everything .
This isn't even the first time this is happening, the screen of my ROG phone 5 once blacked out and when asked why that problem was caused they said it was because of gaming while charging the phone FFS Asus you can't make a GAMING phone which I can not play on while charging, I got my phone repaired for free then and since, the phone as only given me problems.
please Asus, I really can't afford to change my screen. Please just give me a replacement the phone is still under warranty I have it with me. please contact me as soon as possible

EDIT: I have tried everything from the power button plus volume down to all 3 of them together but the phone still doesn't start
5 REPLIES 5

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Hello,
Your message is totally illegible, remove duplicates, go to the point, have those around you reread

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Pyro,
While I understand your concern you need to also understand if there is any damage to the phone that comes under service fee process. I will share your case with my team and advice what best we can do from our side.
Request you to share details under DM for further process.

Pyro
Star I
FunBike31

Hello,

Your message is totally illegible, remove duplicates, go to the point, have those around you reread

View post
if you could help me yourself, it would be greatly appreciated 😃

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
Replace your motherboard is the only solution right now
So either you pay for it or allow your phone completely dead