This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone just bricked

Liana
Star II
Everything was ok, I was using my phone, it was on charge with reasonable amount of charge already, and then it just turned off and stopped reacting. No LED indicator on charge, no vibration when I try to turn it on, no RAMPDUMP screen on the turning on, just no reaction at all.
I hope it is fixable, because I have very valuable to me pictures from my recent honeymoon there... And just overall I finally managed to organized it finally the way I want, and it just died. I tried holding button for long, tried combos with volume buttons, nothing help. Leaving on charge didn't help either.
Recently, maybe yesterday or two days before the phone had an update, so it might be related, I don't know. I really hope Asus would adress that.
I also wrote to Service Center, but I wanted to post here, to see if there is other feedback.
Cheers!
9 REPLIES 9

Liana
Star II
daniel91m

Maybe asus got idea not to show ramdump on motherboard error? Guarantee saves you.

Your case is number 59 on zentalk.

View post
what do you mean by saying the number of the case?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Liana

Everything was ok, I was using my phone, it was on charge with reasonable amount of charge already, and then it just turned off and stopped reacting. No LED indicator on charge, no vibration when I try to turn it on, no RAMPDUMP screen on the turning on, just no reaction at all.

I hope it is fixable, because I have very valuable to me pictures from my recent honeymoon there... And just overall I finally managed to organized it finally the way I want, and it just died. I tried holding button for long, tried combos with volume buttons, nothing help. Leaving on charge didn't help either.

Recently, maybe yesterday or two days before the phone had an update, so it might be related, I don't know. I really hope Asus would adress that.

I also wrote to Service Center, but I wanted to post here, to see if there is other feedback.

Cheers!

My phone just bricked
If possible could you possibly contact a company that specializes in data recovery before handing it to the service center? You data will be lost if you hand over the phone to ASUS.

Grzemar
Rising Star I
It's not serious... People work on phones and have important information there, but Asus tells that "your data will be deleted"
Great, really great...
Not to mention such things like bricked phones or ramdump SHOULDN'T HAPPEN. I'm really angry for Asus.

Dooboo
Rising Star II
grzegorz.marucha

It's not serious... People work on phones and have important information there, but Asus tells that "your data will be deleted"

Great, really great...

Not to mention such things like bricked phones or ramdump SHOULDN'T HAPPEN. I'm really angry for Asus.

View post
Welcome to the i hate asus club. We also have a "i regret switching to asus club", wanna join in too? 🤣

Grzemar
Rising Star I
I hope that my phone will be rapaired, and no other case of ramdupm or brick not happen again. If not, then never buy again Asus product.