fongyuen
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
hey guys, i'm on the Tencent version of the ROG 3 and I haven't updated to Android 11 yet. Kinda operating by the axiom that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. The phone is running fine now and I don't wanna mess it up. But it would be nice to upgrade to Android 11 too. Any lingering issues from the update? Thx.

8 REPLIES 8

BPM
Rising Star II
I've been on Android 11 since release, and the only "issue" I've encountered is the app switcher/Recents animation is sometimes slow to load (however, tapping the Recents button a second time switches me back to the previous app immediately anyways)... Seeing how I haven't seen anyone else mention this before, it might just be me and could be fixed with a system restore.
Other than that, just the screen calibration issue (which is likely outside of ASUS's control anyways, which has been discussed ad infinitum).
It's been a pretty smooth ride for me. Do note, though, that I DON'T have Tencent Games model, so I'm able to get OTA updates without issue. Cross-flashing might have issues, since you're using software not intended for that hardware.

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
Upgrade it
It's fine the first time A11 update for this phone launched

fongyuen
Star II
Thanks guys, appreciate you taking the time to write your feedback

Roystoys
Zen Master III
fongyuen

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

hey guys, i'm on the Tencent version of the ROG 3 and I haven't updated to Android 11 yet. Kinda operating by the axiom that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. The phone is running fine now and I don't wanna mess it up. But it would be nice to upgrade to Android 11 too. Any lingering issues from the update? Thx.

Safe to upgrade to Android 11 yet?
If you don't like A11 you can just rollback to 10