cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 5 Discussion Thread

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Hi Zentalk,
As more and more users get their hands on the brand-new ROG Phone 5, we want to keep the forum section dedicated to technical questions and issues. General discussion threads about the ROG Phone 5 will be removed from now on and you are kindly asked to use this thread if you want to talk about the ROG Phone 5 with other users. If you encounter a bug or technical issue with your device, please create a separate thread.
As always, keep it clean and be respectful to each other. The thread will be moderated accordingly and posts that break our community rules will be removed. If you spot any bad behavior in this thread, or any other thread on Zentalk, please notify me or another moderator on our staff.
GL HF! ❤️

ROG Phone 5 | For Those Who Dare | ROG
347 REPLIES 347

FunBike31
Community Legend I
No, this update is not terrible, but there are 5 or 6 others behind this one ?, you will spend several hours there !!
Rather ask ASUS how you can update after downloading it here
https://www.asus.com/supportonly/ROG%20Phone%205%20(ZS673KS)/HelpDesk_BIOS/

If you opt for OTA updates, I advise you to wait 5 minutes after restarting the phone following an update, turn off the phone and then proceed to the next one and then immediately.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Vous n'avez pas de WIFI pour faire ces maj à jour ?, c'est très volumineux !

Abhinav89
Star II
Yes! There were 2 more updates, now I am running on 2109.188, September security patch.
Seems stable, no issues at the moment. Thankyou Funbike31 🙂👍
What I don't understand is how is asus force updating, what if I don't wish to update because of bad reviews? Is there no way stop it?

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
Abhinav89

Yes! There were 2 more updates, now I am running on 2109.188, September security patch.

Seems stable, no issues at the moment. Thankyou Funbike31 🙂👍

What I don't understand is how is asus force updating, what if I don't wish to update because of bad reviews? Is there no way stop it?

View post
You can try to turn off automatically update

Abhinav89
Star II
@Lord_Messi I did, turned it off from two locations. But the updates have some kind of time limit. The first update (March 21) I ignored for 2-3 days after which I got a pop up which said if message is ignored update will be auto downloaded and applied after 30mins. It started after 30mins and I had to disconnect wifi to stop it.
The Second update (September 21) message had a counter on it. It can be ignored 2 times after which it force downloads and installs itself. I tried to cancel it but the option to cancel the update was greyed out. I also tried to change the auto update option again from settings, which again was completely greyed out
I have been using android phones from the time HTC came out with its first one, NEVER have I ever encountered has any company force update it's software! It's absolutely crap. Not Planning to ever buy Asus products in the future! They have good hardware but this kind of forced updating is seriously unethical, there updates are causing devices to get bricked with customers not having the option to stop the update.!