Jixxer
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone II
Firmware Version: Android 10 .103
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
@CH_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @Anders_ASUS
Hello,

Today morning, after restarting my phone neither of sims detect nor is been shown as inserted! The biggest issue is even WiFi is not turning on. I tried a factory reset but still the issue persist. I am a student and i bought this phone for study purposes and now this phone is just sitting at home not being able to be used for day-to-day activities.

3 REPLIES 3

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Jixxer

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG Phone II
  2. Firmware Version: Android 10 .103
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

@CH_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @Anders_ASUS

Hello,

Today morning, after restarting my phone neither of sims detect nor is been shown as inserted! The biggest issue is even WiFi is not turning on. I tried a factory reset but still the issue persist. I am a student and i bought this phone for study purposes and now this phone is just sitting at home not being able to be used for day-to-day activities.

Lost IMEI and S/N upon reboot on stock .103
I would probably recommend going back to the reseller if you have brought it recently.
If they can't help, probably the next best thing to do is visit service centre.

Jixxer
Star I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/54870/lost-imei-and-s-n-upon-reboot-on-stock-103

I would probably recommend going back to the reseller if you have brought it recently.

If they can't help, probably the next best thing to do is visit service centre.

View post
But this phone is around 2 yrs old and i once even changed display too!
The strange thing is one of my friends told me to downgrade to A9 and check and sure enough, My S/N was there along with working WiFi but still IMEI was not there. Then i upgraded to A10 again to check and at A10 i see unknown wriiten on the part of S/N somehow.
Btw, the service ppl will reprogram or do something software or straight up change mobo or some other hardware?
Edit: Somehow S/N is now coming up on settings in A9 as well as A10 but no WiFi on A10 and no IMEI on both versions.

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Jixxer,
Sorry to hear about this.
Kindly visit the nearest service center:
https://www.asus.com/in/support/service-center/india