cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 5 Discussion Thread

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Hi Zentalk,
As more and more users get their hands on the brand-new ROG Phone 5, we want to keep the forum section dedicated to technical questions and issues. General discussion threads about the ROG Phone 5 will be removed from now on and you are kindly asked to use this thread if you want to talk about the ROG Phone 5 with other users. If you encounter a bug or technical issue with your device, please create a separate thread.
As always, keep it clean and be respectful to each other. The thread will be moderated accordingly and posts that break our community rules will be removed. If you spot any bad behavior in this thread, or any other thread on Zentalk, please notify me or another moderator on our staff.
GL HF! ❤️

ROG Phone 5 | For Those Who Dare | ROG
347 REPLIES 347

Zeljko
Star I
how to find out rog 5 version

MikeNZ
Star I
I have had bad high pitched sound from phone on games and now spread to music and film. Does anyone else?

__PŁASMA__
Star I
I picked up Asus Rog Phone 5, 20 days after from the service center on 30th Nov. I was assured that the device is fully functional and tested. Now, I am facing a software issue since yesterday. How to get the refund or get the device replaced? I don't want to visit the service center, when I picked the device a week ago, it's not even a week and I am facing ramdump issue. Why sell faulty devices?
I wouldn't recommend buying any Rog products if you have to visit the service center just within 4-5months after buying the device.

chriscarus46
Star III
Has anyone heard anything about a firmware update for the Kunai Gamepad 3?
I've seen threads going all the way back to DECEMBER OF 2020!

They STILL haven't fixed the USB suddenly stopping working problem!?

My firmware is left stick version 3.3.3, and the right stick is version 3.1.0.

Someone at ASUS FOR GOD SAKES FIX THIS PROBLEM!

Abhinav89
Star II
6409238.jpg
screenshot-20211109-124403565.jpg
Hi, I got my ROG 5 12/256 version about 15 days ago, with verison 18.0830.2101.86 Jan 2021 security patch pre installed, everything works perfectly at the moment apart from a little heating issue. Now I see a FOTA update being forcefully downloaded, I have already switched off auto update and all related options, but somehow it's force downloading everytime I connect to wifi. The update is march21 18.0840.2013.26. is this a good update? I can't find any details on this, I don't want to update and end up with a bad update. Can anyone comfirm ? Thanks. From india here
Edit, sorry about the other image, I can't figure out how to remove it lol