This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Zenbook 14 fans/battery after win 11/bios update

Good evening.
I'm the owner of a Zenbook 14 UM425 with a Ryzen 7 4700U. Last week i installed windows 11 and the update of the bios and since then the fans started to work improperly, revving up for no specific reason. They even work when the computer is in state of suspension. For three times in a week i found the pc with the battery completely dead after i suspended it with about 30% of charge remaining. The last time it happened it was in his case in state of suspension for like 15 minutes, and when i took it out of the case i found out it was litterally melting... before the update i had never noticed such things... The worst part is that yesterday i set the hibernation whenever i close the lid so that the fans should not start to work (since the pc is basically turned off) and today it happened again... I replaced the pc iin his cover with about 25 % of the battery and 2 hours later, when i tried to turn it on the battery was dead.. What should i do? i'm so worried because the pc is only 4 months old and before the updates it never had such problems
16 REPLIES 16

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Gabriele,
I'm not sure....if your laptop successfully enter sleep or hibernate, then putting in to the backpack would not make a difference with not putting in to backpack.
It is true that if your laptop did not go to sleep, putting it into the backpack would easily caused overheating.
So the problem would still be your laptop couldn't go to sleep or being waken up by something else.
Are you connected to any external device? even wireless one or bluetooth?
Thank you.

Blake_ASUS

Hello Gabriele,

I'm not sure....if your laptop successfully enter sleep or hibernate, then putting in to the backpack would not make a difference with not putting in to backpack.

It is true that if your laptop did not go to sleep, putting it into the backpack would easily caused overheating.

So the problem would still be your laptop couldn't go to sleep or being waken up by something else.

Are you connected to any external device? even wireless one or bluetooth?

Thank you.

View post
Yes sometimes i use a bluetooth mouse, i will pay more attention in order to understand if there is a correllation. Is it possible that the pc remains woke because of it?

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Gabriele,
Yes, possible.
try to disconnect the bluetooth or turn off the mouse when you left the laptop.
Thank you.

Hello Blake, unfortunately it didn't work 😔

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Gabriele,
Please check your PM.
Thank you.