This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UX325EA Battery won't charge and shuts down immediately after removing the adapter

DCL
Star I
System: Windows 11
Battery or AC: AC
Model: UX325EA
Frequency of occurrence: Constant
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hello, I am having Issues with charging my UX325EA (11th Gen i5). Today, I successfully charged it to 100%, disconnected the adapter and normally used the laptop. Battery dropped to 94% and then the laptop shut down. I tried turning it on, but it won't happen without plugging in the adapter. With adapter in, laptop works, but it doesn't charge (Battery status: 94% available (plugged in)). When I disconnect adapter, it shuts down immediately. I have latest Windows and BIOS updates. Troubleshooters and MyAsus app do not detect any problems. MyAsus app prompted me to install Power Delivery FW Upgrade, but installation fails and shuts down the laptop. I tried reinstalling battery driver, nothing happened.

Thanks for the help!
4 REPLIES 4

DCL
Star I
Update, it now started turning off and restarting while on AC as well

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
DCL
  1. System: Windows 11
  2. Battery or AC: AC
  3. Model: UX325EA
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Constant
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

Hello, I am having Issues with charging my UX325EA (11th Gen i5). Today, I successfully charged it to 100%, disconnected the adapter and normally used the laptop. Battery dropped to 94% and then the laptop shut down. I tried turning it on, but it won't happen without plugging in the adapter. With adapter in, laptop works, but it doesn't charge (Battery status: 94% available (plugged in)). When I disconnect adapter, it shuts down immediately. I have latest Windows and BIOS updates. Troubleshooters and MyAsus app do not detect any problems. MyAsus app prompted me to install Power Delivery FW Upgrade, but installation fails and shuts down the laptop. I tried reinstalling battery driver, nothing happened.

Thanks for the help!

UX325EA Battery won't charge and shuts down immediately after removing the adapter
If the next same issue is getting means, you should battery-related drivers from device manager and restart windows.

DCL
Star I
RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/54835/ux325ea-battery-wont-charge-and-shuts-down-immediately-...

If the next same issue is getting means, you should battery-related drivers from device manager and restart windows.

View post
Didn't work. New issue is that I dont even have to press the power button to turn it on. When I plug in the AC adapter, it automatically turns on.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello DCL,
Please kindly send the device and the adapter to our service center for further examination.
Thank you.