This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound / Loudness level decreased after .189/.191 Update

lovin2501
Star III
There's substantial drop in loudness level via inbuilt - speaker  & earphones as well . Please check.
29 REPLIES 29

Sagenut
Star II
Tomorrow I will try installing the latest update and to factory reset if nothing got improved.
Hoping to got everything solved without need to go for assistance.

lovin2501
Star III
CH_ASUS

lovin2501 said:

ColorSage said:

They've fixed low volume noise on main speaker though

As I highlighted there was no such noise issue in my case.
But whatever changes they done, stereo output ( music) has gone down ( voice, instruments, percussions , electronic guitar) everything sounds very low compared to earlier (.157) . Phone use to stand out in crowd earlier but now it sounds ordinary like other phones ☹️.
Earlier 6z sound out put was leaving even  i-phone X behind...but now 6z sounds ordinary.
Please improve....

We'll keep bringing the topic back to our audio teams. I'm sure the team will keep improving - however sometimes it is not so easy to improve one specific area , without affecting another specific area. So there is a balance to be had somewhere.
View post
.193 Feedback Sound / Audio Quality:
Call Quality: earpiece voice quality of other side person is now became low ( softer) as compared to previous all versions. Although it's audible yet. But it's down graded compared to last update.
Audio/music/ sound from inbuilt speakers : Big degrade compared to previous versions. All music sounds like there's no body to it.
No improvement in Low range frequencies (80hz to 200 Hz)...I am not sure if 6z main speaker is capable of reproducing below 250hz or not.
Low mid & Mid range(400hz to 800hz) : to much trimmed as. Music through main speaker and earpiece speaker sounding life less and very very ordinary. (Loudness affected, punch affected.)
Stereo image of sound now very much imbalanced between earpiece and bottom speaker.

ASUS TEAM : THIS PHONE IS AWESOME IN MY EXPERIENCE TILL DATE IN OTHER DEPARTMENT BUT , INBUILT AUDIO QUALITY IS NOW DEGRADED TOO MUCH . PLEASE RECTIFY / IMPROVE.

survivor303
Rising Star II
Earpiece speaker on media was so low that i decided to change my speaker setup to mono, because we only hear right speaker (main) and the left was drastically lower volume than the right one.
Mono is ok for me at least, so no pressure from my end 🙂 the sound quality of the main speaker is ok.
191 firmware.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
ZenFone 6 outputs a stereo signal meaning that we don't play a mono sound from both speakers. This isn't the same thing as promising a well balanced stereo perspective. This is something we promise with the dual front facing speakers in ROG Phone II but ZenFone 6 will never have a good stereo perspective. It's impossible considering the size difference between the earpiece and main speaker.
The speaker improvement mentioned in the change log hasn't touched any parameters that would affect the changes you're hearing. The full change log improvement of 193 is that we improved the sound in games while chatting but somewhere on the way, those last words didn't make it into the published change log.
Actually, we haven't touched the overall speaker sound for quite some time so it's always interesting to read these reviews mentioning that the volume is lower and so on. It's not true. I started to believe it myself after reading all the comments but I have the benefit of having several units at hand so i benchmarked the audio on a ZenFone 6 with a much older FW against one with the latest. There was ZERO difference. The only thing we have changed is the earpiece quality during phone calls but not for media playback.

lovin2501
Star III
Anders_ASUS

ZenFone 6 outputs a stereo signal meaning that we don't play a mono sound from both speakers. This isn't the same thing as promising a well balanced stereo perspective. This is something we promise with the dual front facing speakers in ROG Phone II but ZenFone 6 will never have a good stereo perspective. It's impossible considering the size difference between the earpiece and main speaker.

The speaker improvement mentioned in the change log hasn't touched any parameters that would affect the changes you're hearing. The full change log improvement of 193 is that we improved the sound in games while chatting but somewhere on the way, those last words didn't make it into the published change log.

Actually, we haven't touched the overall speaker sound for quite some time so it's always interesting to read these reviews mentioning that the volume is lower and so on. It's not true. I started to believe it myself after reading all the comments but I have the benefit of having several units at hand so i benchmarked the audio on a ZenFone 6 with a much older FW against one with the latest. There was ZERO difference. The only thing we have changed is the earpiece quality during phone calls but not for media playback.

View post
In that case kindly share comparison results between , .156/.174/.191/.193
Also share frequency response graph(curve) comparison of both speakers between these versions/updates.
.156/ .174 was best in media quality to my observations.
Agreed that both speakers are different in size as well as in their output characteristics but what about their individual quality? 6z's Earpiece speaker quality is questioned since start.... it's output is not upto the mark. Tweaking around frequencies won't improve it when it's not capable of reproducing desired frequencies. It should be considered to be replaced with better quality earpiece speaker unit from Asus.
Further , why changes not considered yet in updates for media quality ? We are requesting improvements since long.