This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone8 stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump

mail_jackr
Star I
As requested by the mod - opening new discussion for the issue.
The Flashing Full Ramdump happened to me too - the phone was being charged over the night and the error was waiting when I woke up.
I hope that at least your service will fix it quickly.
776 REPLIES 776

Trawar
Star III
I run the CPU test with Geekbench 5 and get following Information from the App.
Single Core Score = 1115
Multi Core Score = 3454
Motherboard = lahaina
CPU = ARM ARMv8
Identifier = ARM implementer 65 architecture 8 variant 1 part 3396 revision 0
Cluster 1 = 4 Cores @1.8GHz
Cluster 2 = 3 Cores @2,42GHz
Cluster 3 = 1 Core @2,84GHz

Maybe someone with the Original working Phone can check that also with Geekbench 5 just to see is there a difference or not
Would be really Interessting.

Dooboo
Rising Star II
StealthRequiem

Would be interesting to know how people with this issue have been using the phone e.g. filling storage, intensive apps heating, shock, charging routine

Rather than defective components or manufacturing defect could it be a general design vulnerability that's causing a failure in certain circumstances?

View post
Regardless of what caused the ramdump, at the end of the day, any phone shouldn't suddenly die like that specially if you are paying a premium price. Dying phone, within months of use = defect.

Dooboo
Rising Star II
marzvin

My nightmare with Asus is over. Sold the phone off yesterday, for £420, loosing almost half the value, but at least I won't have to worry about the phone dying on me. Never again will I touch anything Asus.

View post
Eyyyy congrats! Such a relief wasnt it? What phone did you replace it with?

ZT-0250335e
Star III
I just got the message from service that they finished the fix in 3 days and they will send my phone back. I am curious, and according to helpdesk the motherboard was not replaced but some other part(s). I hope everything will be fine. I'll keep you posted.

Blumi
Rising Star II
Dooboo

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/192994#Comment_192994

Regardless of what caused the ramdump, at the end of the day, any phone shouldn't suddenly die like that specially if you are paying a premium price. Dying phone, within months of use = defect.

View post
650 € for the basic model is not premium price compared to Sony (Xperia 5 III) Samsung or iPhone.