Did you mean: 

Camera Battery Drain After October Update

Van_Franzen
Star III
Model Name: Asus ZenFone 8 Flip
Firmware Version: 30.12.82.35
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Every time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Asus Stock Camera App

The update was successful and is updated to the latest version released on October.
The bug in question is: during the use of the camera there is an absurd drop of the battery and an excessive battery drain during the use of the latter.It takes 5/6 % just at the opening of the camera.
I used the cam for about 4 minutes today and the battery dropped to peak, just being in stand by and opened (not flipped)
It happens everytime i use the camera.
(I have already done all the ganeral guidelines such as reboot, system cleanup, shutdown and factory reset and etc)
A fix for this bug is needed
2 REPLIES 2

tomcrownshaw
Star II
I have had numerous issues with my Zenfone 8 battery. First was literally after unboxing it drained ridiculously fast. In October the problem recurred. Both times I fixed it with a 100% cycle charge. Generic battery drainer app is useful.
I didn't check the stats as to what was draining it in October as I had already done this fix and knew it worked. I've no idea why it seems to work other than perhaps it recalibrated some part of the BMS.
I can now get two days out of it with conservative use. Hope this helps.

Van_Franzen
Star III
tomcrownshaw

I have had numerous issues with my Zenfone 8 battery. First was literally after unboxing it drained ridiculously fast. In October the problem recurred. Both times I fixed it with a 100% cycle charge. Generic battery drainer app is useful.

I didn't check the stats as to what was draining it in October as I had already done this fix and knew it worked. I've no idea why it seems to work other than perhaps it recalibrated some part of the BMS.

I can now get two days out of it with conservative use. Hope this helps.

View post
Yea somehow i fixed it too (i hope) in this way , giving the 30 watt charge (i often use the ultra stable mode).
I can achieve 1 and half day of full usage , not more of this (idk why , but it's not bad) i always achieve solid 6 hours of sot or more on 4G+/5G.
Hope with Android 12 the device will get better.
Thanks for your kind reply