This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenScreen Touch MB16AMT switch on failure: black (no display) screen, persistent green LED ON

System: Windows 10 Enterprise
Battery or AC: Both on Battery and Connected to AC Power
Model: ZenScreen Touch MB16AMT
Frequency of occurrence: Once just observed today 3 October 2021
Reset OS: No reset OS yet
Screenshot or video: Available to attached.
========================
Detailed description: Bought mine in 2021-02-10, and every few months after turning my PC (HP Probook 640 G4 Core i5 Gen 8, USB-C DP, but effect PC independent) off the next day the display keeps showing the green Power LED but no chance to switch it back on, with or without any PC attached, USB-C or Mini-HDMI. I tried combination of both plugged in or using USB-A converter, HDMI port etc, no positive results (very frustating)
Battery presumably still showing 90+% however despite many attempts pressing the Power button nothing could power up the display or change the LED colour and keeps on Green never turns Red or Blud something is very not right and do not know what's the solution to this case. Read one of few discussion mentioned that only one solution is to disconnect the screen and leave it for SEVERAL DAYS (!!!). This happened already a few times, every 1-2 months. Even after self-healing = display power LED is getting blue, screen shows picture, the battery level is still showing about 100 %.
Please provide a corrected firmware because this already happens once today so not sure if this will be frequent occurrences to this screen. Why this has happened it is only 8 months of usage and today (3 October 2021) the Power Green keeps ON but Black Display.
How's the best solution to rectify this issues??
asus1.jpg
The LED colour is Green
asus2.jpg
Direct USB-C DP connected still no display (keeps on black)
asus3.jpg
USB C connected to the display Zenscreen and also plug mini HDMI to HDMI port as spare but on this case it has been disconnected.
Need your solution how to solve this issues and may be too inconvenient to bring it to Service Centre in Indonesia.
12 REPLIES 12

Hi Blake, I am still waiting on your suggestion and opinion whether the use of external docking device which constantly connected to power source then plug in the monitor via docking would also be okay from product endurace stand point?

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
I'm sorry that there is no further recommendation or suggestion of these usage or combination from me. Only the Zenscreen is from ASUS, there is nothing else I can guarantee.
Please feel free to explore.
Thank you.

Hi Blake ok and noted well. Thank you for your feedback.