image.jpg
image.jpg
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 5
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: 100%
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): no idea
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Can anyone please help me . I have no idea what happened my phone was working fine till yesterday and today it stopped charging. It was on charge now for 4.5 hours yet still it’s draining from 20 to now 3%. Please help
15 REPLIES 15

Amermannan
Star I
Thanks everyone for your support. Especially fun bikes for explaining in detail . Now I shall hope for the best or else my phone is nothing better than a paper weight 🙁. Thanks again and i will let you guys know what happened with the seller.

k_huat
Rising Star II
FunBike31

There have been several instances where the charging circuit has likely burned out.

In recent weeks, several cases like yours and / or relating to charging, the smartphone no longer charges, the led does anything, the smartphone indicates that it is charging but does not do it, it no longer charges with some chargers that were not a problem before (these chargers work well on other smartphones). In short, hardware problems and now a lot of software load problems, arrived with the .176 update and maybe with the early .151 where I saw the first ones.

I remember that when there is a major hardware problem on a series, the ASUS support policy is disastrous and unpleasant. (Wifi and Rog 5 hotspot), (Ramdump, Rog5, Zenfone 8).

For flashgrips, the choice is important, no smartphone is immune to a hardware problem and especially software, we must therefore examine how the manufacturer's support works rather than the characteristics, Asus certainly does not come out on top. .

For the Games game, the number of manufacturers can be counted with the fingers of one hand and no smartphone meets the specifications of a hardcore gamer. The Rog 5 seemed to me the most suitable but after 4 months of use it is not that.

there is too much negative point.

The snapdragon gets too hot and the fan has been removed from the package, at the cost of the rog 5 it's petty.

No keyboard / mouse / hdmi etc. desktop accessories.

No bonus gamer content worthy of the name.

No SdCard, redibitory, I will have to stick to my specifications and not ignore the presence of a sdcard.

Screen with rounded edges, it's fashion 😞 but here the curvature is XXL and it's really annoying for use in games)

It lacks two frequencies, a 30 fps for autonomy, a 90 fps for a large number of games.

The announced Battery of 6000, in fact 57xx and no concrete optimization since the release, or 7-8 months

The multitasking mode with 2 applications on the screen which is the Android standard (only one active application), Samsung and Xiaomi do better, it is really possible to have the 2 active applications.

The notification LED which will have been extremely useful for absolute emergencies configurable for one or more correspondents / phone number, this lack of configuration forces me to have 2 phones, or I deactivate all notifications and I miss the emergency, either the notifications are active and it is impossible to play.

And finally the stability and the speed of the corrections, it's not really bad but it's still insufficient

Conclusion, is Asus to recommend, as a multi-purpose smartphone, certainly not the Rog5, as a gaming smartphone, there is none on the market according to my criteria. But I must be the only user with several smartphones, one for current use and a dedicated game that should replace a PS5, Switch .... but that doesn't exist yet.

View post
Hi @FunBike31 , may I know how to check the battery capacity (57xx)?
I need to recalibrate for the third time bcoz it shutdown again at +/-10% (which means this happened every two to three weeks since I bought this phone...)
I'm concern for the battery health n capacity of this rog 5. Thanks

FunBike31
Community Legend I
MUSTOOL UD24 or the UM25C
Smartphone which is off with 0% battery, connect the usb control to the charger, reset it to empty the data if it has already been used, connect the "off" smartphone to the usb controler
The total capacity of the battery is indicated in real time, it will be at the maximum when we see on the usb control that the phone no longer asks for anything.
Do not turn on the phone for this measurement, otherwise the capacity will be false, it will be that of battery + the one consumed

Amermannan
Star I
Hi guys so my seller has asked me to ship my phone to the Victoria’s service centre. I don’t know how long it’s gonna take for them to fix it. But I am happy with the outcome. Thanks for the support guys . Will update happens next. Thanks

k_huat
Rising Star II
FunBike31

MUSTOOL UD24 or the UM25C

Smartphone which is off with 0% battery, connect the usb control to the charger, reset it to empty the data if it has already been used, connect the "off" smartphone to the usb controler

The total capacity of the battery is indicated in real time, it will be at the maximum when we see on the usb control that the phone no longer asks for anything.

Do not turn on the phone for this measurement, otherwise the capacity will be false, it will be that of battery + the one consumed

View post
Ok. Thanks bro 👍