This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clicking noise from camera/loudspeaker

czinege_tamas
Star III
Ever since I got back my Zenfone8 from the service (they replaced the display) there is a "clicking" noise audible randomly. I could not figure out what is causing it, sometimes it does it in every 1minute, sometimes it takes longer time, but its repeating. During calls, I can hear it very often, but also during browsing when I hold the phone in my hand (away from my ears) its also loud enough to be heard. Before my phone was in the service, I have not encountered into this, just after the return of the repaired phone with the latest (30.12.112.36) fw preinstalled. I am unsure where it comes from exactly, but its frustrating.
Has anyone else experienced similar???
13 REPLIES 13

dron39
Rising Star II
I had something like here described on other phones (not ASUS). It sounds like some quiet popping especially after some sound played through speaker.
But I don't have it here on ZF8 with latest FW (and with previously FW's too).

PhaGWiZ
Rising Star I
Irene2_ASUS

Hi @czinege.tamas @patbence.1999 @Adaoh

I have not been able to reproduce this, can you clarify if is it a physical sound or if it's coming from the speakers?

Would be possible for any of you to add here a video with sound of this issue you are experiencing?

Thank you!

View post
I managed to make a recording. My auto lock is set to 30 seconds, and you can hear the tick after about 25 seconds, or just before the screen is about to dim before turning off. I was able to replicate this every time when the screen wants to turn off. Also it happens in every app.

PhaGWiZ
Rising Star I
jakislogin2

I can't hear anything on that video TBH. Do you have smart screen enabled? If yes, disable it and check if the sound is still there.

View post
The part when you can hear it is at about 25 seconds. It is very quiet.
Also, thank you, as smart screen does seem to be the issue there as I cannot hear anything with it disabled. Did the test an re-enabled it and the sound it back. Weird

dron39
Rising Star II
Yeah, you're right. I read your post inattentively.
I experienced such behavior with SmartScreen option enabled during calls. I even post it is some thread or pm'ed to Mods. But I also disabled this option.

czinege_tamas
Star III
jakislogin2

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/192757#Comment_192757

Smart screen is supposed to keep the screen on while you are looking at the phone. It seems Asus is using front camera to do so. You can test that by yourself by opening the camera app and switching to the front and to the main camera back and forth.

View post
Yes, it is the same noise!!! This is the way to replicate it.
Question is: why do I hear this noise randomly during phonecalls, and browsing?
Its a bug!!!