This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

laptop is lagging so much and plugged in but not charging!

ananthan2548
Star I
System: Windows 11
Battery or AC: Both
Model: Vivobook 15 X512DA
Frequency of occurrence: random
Reset OS: NO
Screenshot or video: N/A
========================
Detailed description: Sometimes my system is so much lagging. when I try to refresh, the desktop icons disappear and come after 4 to 5 seconds. Everything feels slow and laggy.
And at that time when I tried to plug in, the charging symbol is showing but the battery percentage is not increasing even after 1hr. So I ran the My Asus app system diagnosis and it said that there is some problem with the AC adaptor or battery.
So I shut down the system and after some time I again plugged in my laptop without 'turning ON'. And the red LED indicator was 'ON' showing that it is plugged in. And when I checked after 1 and a half hr the LED was white, showing that the battery is almost full.
So I again turned on the system and ran the My Asus system diagnosis. This time it said to me the AC adaptor and charger is OK. And for the first 2-3 minutes system behaved like normal but after a couple of minutes, it again started to lag so much.
I was not having any lag till yesterday. The system was completely normal. The issue started today. My system was operating in windows 10, So I thought that updating to windows 11 will fix the issue. So I updated it to windows 11 today. But it didn't solve it.
Please someone help! I don't know what to do!
6 REPLIES 6

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
ananthan2548
  1. System: Windows 11
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: Vivobook 15 X512DA
  4. Frequency of occurrence: random
  5. Reset OS: NO
  6. Screenshot or video: N/A

========================

Detailed description: Sometimes my system is so much lagging. when I try to refresh, the desktop icons disappear and come after 4 to 5 seconds. Everything feels slow and laggy.

And at that time when I tried to plug in, the charging symbol is showing but the battery percentage is not increasing even after 1hr. So I ran the My Asus app system diagnosis and it said that there is some problem with the AC adaptor or battery.

So I shut down the system and after some time I again plugged in my laptop without 'turning ON'. And the red LED indicator was 'ON' showing that it is plugged in. And when I checked after 1 and a half hr the LED was white, showing that the battery is almost full.

So I again turned on the system and ran the My Asus system diagnosis. This time it said to me the AC adaptor and charger is OK. And for the first 2-3 minutes system behaved like normal but after a couple of minutes, it again started to lag so much.

I was not having any lag till yesterday. The system was completely normal. The issue started today. My system was operating in windows 10, So I thought that updating to windows 11 will fix the issue. So I updated it to windows 11 today. But it didn't solve it.

For every laptops, in some situations running windows os definitely will hang.
Because many of the application's are added automatically for background tasks and registered under tasks scheduler.
Try the following steps.
Disable all possible running background applications under battery options in settings.
Disable all startup items under task manager.
Delete all possible tasks under tasks scheduler.
Modify unwanted service's startup type to manual.

ananthan2548
Star I
But I already did that. I checked the task manager and there were no apps or unwanted background processes was running. well, I don't know why my laptop is not charging when this lag comes. I can see the charging symbol but the battery percentage is still stuck at where it was. (ps: my laptop is not lagging all the time. sometimes this problem is occurring and sometimes just works fine.)

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
ananthan2548

But I already did that. I checked the task manager and there were no apps or unwanted background processes was running. well, I don't know why my laptop is not charging when this lag comes. I can see the charging symbol but the battery percentage is still stuck at where it was. (ps: my laptop is not lagging all the time. sometimes this problem is occurring and sometimes just works fine.)

View post
go to device manager, uninstall battery-related drivers, and then restart windows os.

Falcon_ASUS
ananthan2548
  1. System: Windows 11
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: Vivobook 15 X512DA
  4. Frequency of occurrence: random
  5. Reset OS: NO
  6. Screenshot or video: N/A

========================

@ananthan2548
According to your describing , I would like to suggest you to bring back your laptop to our service center.
The following is the contact information: 
http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
Also you can contact the local service center for help. The following is the contact information: 
http://www.asus.com/support/CallUs#
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.