This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone8 stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump

mail_jackr
Star I
As requested by the mod - opening new discussion for the issue.
The Flashing Full Ramdump happened to me too - the phone was being charged over the night and the error was waiting when I woke up.
I hope that at least your service will fix it quickly.
776 REPLIES 776

TR_simpZ
Star III
Trawar

Charging limit was set to 80% on my device

View post
Okay so now I'd just crank up the limits knowing it makes no difference...
habaratschi

It's a pity. I was on the verge of buying two Zenfone 8s - one for me and one for my mother. Then I heard of the ram dump issue. Now I am waiting for a statement from Asus, but it doesn't look like this is gonna happen.

If there were alternatives I wouldn't even bother to wait, but unfortunately Asus is the only manufacturer that put a decent smartphone on the market that is somewhat compact (okay, besides the Pixel 5 which I find overpriced).

I hate Apple. But I'm starting to seriously consider buying an iPhone. Funnily enough, I wouldn't even be sure whether to buy the smallest (Mini) or one of the larger ones - which are still more compact than any other Android phone. *Facepalm

View post
Exactly, S21 and Xperia 5 iii are the only competitors. S21 has came down in price by a lot too.
S22 is rumored to have 6.06" but judging by the chip shortage, I'm not so optimistic you can get it in 2022 Q1.
Maybe ASUS could surprise us with a "fan edition" of sorts within that time.
Kimi32

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/183857#Comment_183857

Yes. We have some same cases in Taiwan, and in some of shopping wetsites, have been pushing the huge discount on 16g/256g model that sold only on NT19990. Approximately equal to USD $ 699. However, Asus seem not find the root cause for this issue. Of course ,the special price definitely does not attract me nothing!!! Who is willing to keep this damn phone as our secretary!!

View post
I pounced on the 16gb/256gb when the price fell below $680. In my country, this configuration has since a few days ago disappeared from all e-retailers.

ZT-0250335e
Star III
jennebumke

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/192201#Comment_192201

I can commence by saying that my phone returned around mid-september, and I am still using it. I noticed that it doesn't get as hot and the fingerprint seems less responsive. Still enjoying the phone, and so far I haven't seen anyone have the issue for a 2nd time. So when you have it back, it should be a great phone. Also android 12 full release is expected around december. With loads of beta testers having sacrificed their phone to work out the bugs, unlike oneplus which will get android 12 this month most likely. I think we can be happy with our zenfone, if the issue stays gone forever.

View post
Thanks a lot! How long did it take to get it repaired and returned?

Trawar
Star III
jennebumke

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/192201#Comment_192201

I can commence by saying that my phone returned around mid-september, and I am still using it. I noticed that it doesn't get as hot and the fingerprint seems less responsive. Still enjoying the phone, and so far I haven't seen anyone have the issue for a 2nd time. So when you have it back, it should be a great phone. Also android 12 full release is expected around december. With loads of beta testers having sacrificed their phone to work out the bugs, unlike oneplus which will get android 12 this month most likely. I think we can be happy with our zenfone, if the issue stays gone forever.

View post
How is the repair quality?
Can you see any repair marks or does it Still looks never opened?

daniel91m
Rising Star II
We closed October with the following results: total 57 people with a problem appeared on the zentalk forum + 1 person from 8flip 
August = 11 cases,
September = 20 cases
October = 26 cases 
The average time from production date to failure is approximately 4 1/2 months (it's not use time).
In my opinion, there is no indication that the situation will improve, but it is very important that there are no cases of repeated ramdump after repair (have to wait, but also it may also be due to the low probability of failure by one user)

Eit
Star I
Kimi32

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/183857#Comment_183857

Yes. We have some same cases in Taiwan, and in some of shopping wetsites, have been pushing the huge discount on 16g/256g model that sold only on NT19990. Approximately equal to USD $ 699. However, Asus seem not find the root cause for this issue. Of course ,the special price definitely does not attract me nothing!!! Who is willing to keep this damn phone as our secretary!!

View post
NT19990 is equal to MYR2976 in Malaysia. Thats still a high price...
In My Country this same model 16gb/256gb varian also got push in discount and right now is MYR2599 equal to NT17451 and in USD is 626. The price keep getting lower by MYR100 each month starting from this problem occurred in september.