This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Zenbook 14 fans/battery after win 11/bios update

Good evening.
I'm the owner of a Zenbook 14 UM425 with a Ryzen 7 4700U. Last week i installed windows 11 and the update of the bios and since then the fans started to work improperly, revving up for no specific reason. They even work when the computer is in state of suspension. For three times in a week i found the pc with the battery completely dead after i suspended it with about 30% of charge remaining. The last time it happened it was in his case in state of suspension for like 15 minutes, and when i took it out of the case i found out it was litterally melting... before the update i had never noticed such things... The worst part is that yesterday i set the hibernation whenever i close the lid so that the fans should not start to work (since the pc is basically turned off) and today it happened again... I replaced the pc iin his cover with about 25 % of the battery and 2 hours later, when i tried to turn it on the battery was dead.. What should i do? i'm so worried because the pc is only 4 months old and before the updates it never had such problems
16 REPLIES 16

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Gabriele,
Can you enter BIOS and load default setting again?
And if the problem continues, would you mind to roll back to Win10 first to see if everything goes back to normal?
Thank you.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
GabrielePorcuz

Good evening.

I'm the owner of a Zenbook 14 UM425 with a Ryzen 7 4700U. Last week i installed windows 11 and the update of the bios and since then the fans started to work improperly, revving up for no specific reason. They even work when the computer is in state of suspension. For three times in a week i found the pc with the battery completely dead after i suspended it with about 30% of charge remaining. The last time it happened it was in his case in state of suspension for like 15 minutes, and when i took it out of the case i found out it was litterally melting... before the update i had never noticed such things... The worst part is that yesterday i set the hibernation whenever i close the lid so that the fans should not start to work (since the pc is basically turned off) and today it happened again... I replaced the pc iin his cover with about 25 % of the battery and 2 hours later, when i tried to turn it on the battery was dead.. What should i do? i'm so worried because the pc is only 4 months old and before the updates it never had such problems

Problem with Zenbook 14 fans/battery after win 11/bios update
After flashing of new bios firmware to laptop, we must do to load default settings in bios.

Blake_ASUS

Hello Gabriele,

Can you enter BIOS and load default setting again?

And if the problem continues, would you mind to roll back to Win10 first to see if everything goes back to normal?

Thank you.

View post
RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/54471/problem-with-zenbook-14-fans-battery-after-win-11-bios-...

After flashing of new bios firmware to laptop, we must do to load default settings in bios.

View post
Good evening, thanks for your answer.
I downloaded every driver upgrade and the new amd chipset and i also loaded the default settings on the BIOS but the problem doesn't seem to go away... i think that it depends on the standby mode which for some reason isn't working properly... everytime i put it back in the case i wait for the fans to stop but after some minutes the computer wakes by itself... my suspect was confirmed today when i suspended it without closing the lid and after about 10 minutes i found the screen on. I didn't want to switch back to windows 10 because i'm quite busy lately but it seems the only option. I'm also afraid that this problem will never go away even with the future upgrades since i haven't found anyone with the same issues as mine by now. What should i do?
Thanks again

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Gabriele,
Then are you able to generate sleep report or power study report and let's see what wakes your laptop up?
Thank you.