This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fear to update my Z6 due to ongoing motherboard failure issue

gouravjoshi100
Rising Star I
I am loving my z6 but in fear that it may stop working anytime due to genenius Asus engineers. A motherboard failure in any phone is hard to do asus proved that it is very easy and any stable fota update can break your phone. No doubt phone is good but asus is killing me. @Anders_ASUS @CH_ASUS u guys are awesome and supporting us with answering all our doubts. can anyone of you inform us how can we check that our phone is safe or are we on mercy of god and any updatr can break and make our phone dead? I know it is not 1000usd phone but even a 50usd phones dont break like z6 is breaking. if your stable update can break motherboard then what beta will do??? This is serious quality issue from asus. I am feeling like z6 is manufactured to be break one by one after each update. I love updates but after z6 hardware issue i always pray not to have any update. Hope u will understand our issue and clearify us if my z6 is safe and will be safe in future updates as well?
All 2019 flagship are preparing to get android 10 and z6 still fighting with call quality and worst hardware failure issue with each update someone report that their device broken.
#I DONT WANT TO BREAK MY Z6
36 REPLIES 36

lanka_vivek
Star II

kinguntas23

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/19254#Comment_19254

So many of those wouldn't have even reviewed the phone on Flipkart. The problem here is, the people in the company who actually matter (mods here, engineers, High rank posts) don't really know the post-purchase Dynamics of Indian market. People here are not used to knocking doors of service centers. People here are not used to reviewing products on company forums.

If you go to some service centers of any company (Except Xiaomi, Credit where due), you ask them to switch between primary to wide angle camera on the phone, they will switch from back camera to front camera. You ask them what processor the phone runs, they say "Sir it has N gb of RAM and super AMOLED display". This is my experience with Samsung, Oppo, Vivo, Asus, and even Apple.

No company has ever stressed on post purchase convenience in India, no one being at fault, because European or American strategies don't work in India.

From personal experience, when I had the motherboard issue, mods said "Go to the nearest center and they will replace the motherboard and everything will be solved". Like it was so easy. I knew before I even got into this vicious cycle, about how painful and harassing of an experience it would be to explain to Indian executives that it's a motherboard issue, right when I read that comment. At the ground level, the centers don't like talking on the phone. They don't behave like they are obligated to talk to me or even repair my device. Again, most people working there don't know their job and are just script readers.

People get paid without doing jobs, few cases never get media limelight, new people keep buying phones, in the end, the customer suffers.

View post
Couldn't agree more. I m not sure if the situation deteriorated over time, but this was not the experience which had 3 years back. Back then, when I went in with a defective Samsung note 5, 3 weeks after purchase, they just replaced it. Plain and simple. It was so hastle free.

lanka_vivek
Star II
@Anders_ASUS Am I likely to get at least a reply anytime in the near future? I went to the service centre today and they said that its gonna take another week for the motherboard to arrive.
It was supposed to arrive on September 30th (today) according to their previous estimate. I never this felt helpless trying to get any of my previous phones serviced.

lanka_vivek
Star II
@Anders_ASUS Here is an update. I finally got my motherboard replacement. I have been using my phone for the past 2 days with no hiccups. Its back to being the beast it was. Although I have never been a fan of mobile gaming, I played asphalt 9 for half an hour just to test this thing. It got a little warm and drained 6% of my battery during this time, but otherwise it handled it without breaking a sweat.
Call quality was bad on the first day after i got my phone back. It had a tinny tone to it. However, on the second day I got a FOTA update which included the September security patch. This completely resolved the call quality issue.
Atleast for now, everything is going smooth. I hope it stays that way. Overall, I have to agree that you guys made an excellent phone but post purchase experience in India is very bad. The service centres here often go for temporary fixes on first visit, which only prolongs the customer's misery. Please ensure measures are taken for better post purchase experience. Otherwise, your customers would be very reluctant to choose Asus on their next mobile upgrade.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I'm happy to hear that it all got sorted out!
We're aware of the situation and not hiding from the fact that our after sales in India needs improving. It would be great if we could solve everything over night but It's a huge country which comes with many challenges.
I just want you to know that we're listening and that it's in our own interest to improve.

ankitmagar_35
Star I
@Anders_ASUS hi I purchased this 6z silver today and it started switching off by itself and doesn't turns on. After so many tries it starts. What should I do. M literally crying.