cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 lens shaking noise!!

gabecka02
Star III
Hi guys,

I've realised when I have the phone in my hand and when I put it down, there is a shaky kind of noise coming from the camera area it's almost like it comes from the lenses.
If I put down like normal, but also if I just start shaking the phone in my hand it does really sound like that the lenses are not tight in their space, either them or something else there sounds loose

Is this because of the OIS, or is this a manufacturing issue?

Anyone else have similar experience?
4 REPLIES 4

PhaGWiZ
Rising Star I
its completely normal, every phone with OIS does this. It is more noticeable with phones with bigger and heavier sensors. Mine does it, so did my iPhone 8 and some reviews of for example the S21 Ultra say that it does it since it has such a large sensor

Dranemis91
Star II
ZF8User

its completely normal, every phone with OIS does this. It is more noticeable with phones with bigger and heavier sensors. Mine does it, so did my iPhone 8 and some reviews of for example the S21 Ultra say that it does it since it has such a large sensor

View post
Me my ZenFone 8 does a little mechanic sound when I close the selfie camera or Switch to the back camera from the selfie one, is it normal too ?

PhaGWiZ
Rising Star I
Dranemis91

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/192513#Comment_192513

Me my ZenFone 8 does a little mechanic sound when I close the selfie camera or Switch to the back camera from the selfie one, is it normal too ?

View post
No its not the same, but I have the same thing on my unit too. My guess is it's the stabilization turning on or off.

Dranemis91
Star II
ZF8User

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/195076#Comment_195076

No its not the same, but I have the same thing on my unit too. My guess is it's the stabilization turning on or off.

View post
So there is stabilization on the selfie camera ? Cause it seems that the sound come from this one